Steering cable clamp...

frustratedboater

Chief Petty Officer
Hello All,
I am in search of a steering cable clamp/ clasp/ clevis.....whatever the name. I need to replace mine soon, which is off of an 85' Mastercraft, American Skier. This tube clamp is mounted off the thick "L" aluminum plate, which is mounted just before the steering rudder, that secures the steering cable. It has quite a bit of play in the ball and socket, but the trouble is...I can't seem to find the exact replacement. I've tried the Mastercraft site, but can't seem to locate it. I'm just coming up with transome replacememts for outboards, that look rather thin.

Do any of you have any resources as to where I can look? I'd really appreciate it....

~FB~

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Steering cable clamp...

you may have to have one fabricated. see welding shop.

spacedace64

Recruit
Re: Steering cable clamp...

OK guys, I need some big help here......

I've been restoring a 15' 1959 Whitehouse. It was left out in the weather and all the wood got rotted in it, plus it wasn't treated very nice and I had to patch up some holes. Anyway, I'm getting ready to put the motor on the back of the boat (motor did not come with boat) and I can't find a couple of very important parts. Most importantly, I need the cleavis/clamp for the steering connecting rod. I've been unable to locate online, and I have never seen this design on a steering cable. All the "Ride Guide" steering cables I have seen, have a hole drilled in the cable itself for the rod to go through. I have provided pics. Anybody have some P/N's or places I can contact for these?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• 100_1119sm.JPG
    100_1119sm.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1118sm.JPG
    100_1118sm.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1117sm.JPG
    100_1117sm.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1115sm.JPG