Cleaning White boat seats

funship

Cadet
Re: Cleaning White boat seats

Using "000" grade or finer steel wool with almost any cleaner works to cut the gime also. Just use gently and wipe area with a damp cloth immediately after.

Dirty Dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A70eliminator, thank you!!! I will go out and search tomorrow, unfortunately I need a oddball beige.

All beiges look alike to me until I actually spray the paint/dye to match it and realize I did not!! Ike

wendyrt01

Recruit

Ok tried Magic erasers and they worked ok.... but not what i was hoping for. Taking the boat out for the year this weekend and will be cleaning on it. Ill post some results asap and some pics.

salty87

Commander

I had mixed up some IVORY soap, for cleaning our covers on the boat. I've been using it to clean the seats as well. I like the way it cleans the seats, AND, it don't smell too bad either.

(I used a cheese grater to shred the soap, and them melted the soap with HOT water. If nothing else, it will sure clean the canvas covers on your boat. AND it don't hurt the covers).

this along with a soft bristled brush, wipe with microfiber towels. follow with 303 uv protectant esp if you've used anything harsh in the past.

magic eraser is sanding/erasing the protective layer of chemicals from the vinyl.....uv protecting, plasticizers, etc.

mild soap with a soft brush....let the sun fade the rest over time. that means you'll have to take the boat out, tough break. ;)

i'd use the vinyl paint before anything like soft scrub or bleach. those harsh cleansers are shortening the life of the vinyl. it will become brittle along with the stitching.

indy440

Chief Petty Officer

I spent several hours scrubbing white vinyl last friday. Spray Nine Marine cleaner and a soft brush did the trick, but it wasnt just spary and wipe. I spent HOURS scrubbing, and it was worth it for the end result.

Is it safe to use Armor-All on the vinyl to protect it?