• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to properly fill the trim pump ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to properly fill the trim pump ?

OK i have a mecruser outdrive. My question is can i take the fill screw out and run the pump ? I have to take the boat out in the lake to fill the resivior. ( to shallow at the dock)

Is it ok to drive out. Stop with engine off. And take the screw out and fill the resivior. Then i was going to run the trim all the way up ( trailor mode) and down a few time with the screw out. Will it just spit the fluid out or will it pump right ?

Reason is last time i filled it with the drive not all the way down. And when i took the fill screw out it spat at me. Also how do you bleed the system ??

I think i have to get a new line. But want to make shure that the line i tightend last night wasnt the culprit.
    1979 MarkTwain V sonic Inline 6 165 HP

Re: How to properly fill the trim pump ?

I am having the same problem right now. I had to replace two trim lines on mine this spring. I though I had it all squared away, but now that its at the slip I can see that the outdrive is drifting up when it sits due to air in the lines. I ran mine with the fill screw out, but I think you're going to have to pull the boat to properly bleed it as I think you have to bleed the air at the trim cylinders. I could be wrong, but after looking over my system, thats the only way I can figure out how to do it.
    Chris
    '74 Century Raven Hardtop "Better 'n' Nuthin II"

'94 Polaris SL750
    '94 Sea Doo GTX
    '95 Sea Doo XP

Comment

Working...
    X