• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steering Cable

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Cable

Hey does anyone no what length of steering cable I need for a 2003 Centurion Elite V-Drive Air Warrior! This boat is new to me and I have no idea!
    Any help would be great!
    Thanks

Re: Steering Cable

Easiest way would be to remove the old one, lay it out on the ground and then measure it.

If the cable is missing, measure from the centre of the steering helm to the side of the boat, along the side of the boat from even with the helm back to the transom, and then from the side of the boat to the centre of the transom. Add the three together and then round up to the nearest foot - do NOT round down, and there's your cable length.

Or, read this page for more details:

http://www.iboats.com/basics/measure...ng_cables.html
    16' Calglass rebuild underway.

See my thread here on iBoats for many pics, details, and questions.

Comment

Ayuh,... That's an awfully New boat to be needing a new steering cable....??...
      Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bond-o View Post
        Ayuh,... That's an awfully New boat to be needing a new steering cable....??...
        Well what do you think it could be?

Comment

Ayuh,.. The cable End tends to corrode in the aluminum tube at the transom...
          Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

Working...
          X