• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to convert 15" transom to 20" on Alumacraft T16-XL?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to convert 15" transom to 20" on Alumacraft T16-XL?

First-time poster, many apologies if this topic has been covered before.

I've just purchased a 1986 Alumacraft T16 XL V-bow, utility fishing boat, and wish to change the transom from 15" to 20" This is not a picture of this particular boat, but another just like it:

I've just begun the process of looking for instructions on how to do this, and stumbled onto this picture:

Very nice.

So . . . how do I do this? Is there a kit out there?

ANY help would certainly be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mike

Re: how to convert 15" transom to 20" on Alumacraft T16-XL?

It all depends on how you are using the transom. If you're looking to just raise the motor then you could build a simple riser block. If you're looking for more splash protection you can build a full transom all the way across. I think to do it right, I would take off the existing metal cap, take out the original wood, then put new wood in with a 5" rise.

Comment

Re: how to convert 15" transom to 20" on Alumacraft T16-XL?

Here's a link to an alternate approach that provides for adjustments:

http://www.dillon-racing.com/jackplate/index.htm

Good luck with your project!
      Old geezer who never worked a day as a professional in the marine industry but has been fooling with outboard motors for 55+ years!

Comment

Working...
      X