Good Boat names

pete j

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Good Boat names

my 12 foot valco which is a fun boat. is named PERCH SNATCHER. for all the perch my girlfriend has cought on gaviota pier

rockobravo

Recruit

Let me know what you have had or seen for boat names.
Thanks

the best name my partner gave our vessel just before I took the 14' tall boat under a 10' tall railroad bridge on the trailer was call. WRECK LESS..

belleview3

Petty Officer 3rd Class

While on business in south Florida, my son and I were on the hunt for another boat. I took a boatload of cash with the attitude to bring home a bargain. After checking out a dozen or so prospects, my son insisted we check out this boat that was listed at a ridiculously low price (1/3 of book). I expected a scam or a wreck. Were we surprised. . . Long story short, we bought it and found a POS trailor to get her the 1400+ miles to home. Sure enough, the trailer started coming apart before we got out of Florida. We got lucky in catching the issue before the boat hit asphalt. Found a welding / fab shop just 2 miles from the Interstate and engineered some repair braces. So we felt we were "Dam Lucky" we found her and "Dam Lucky" we got her home.
stern1.jpg

Alan Calfer

Cadet

Great boat names? How about "Wife" because it takes all my spare cash and I only get to use her on the weekends...when the weather's just right, there's no chores that need done, and it's not down for monthly maintenance! :D

corby78

Cadet

Named our Four Winns after my Grandfathers WWII Sub. "Lizardfish 373" Its not too original but it means a lot to me and the family.

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

While on business in south Florida, my son and I were on the hunt for another boat. I took a boatload of cash with the attitude to bring home a bargain. After checking out a dozen or so prospects, my son insisted we check out this boat that was listed at a ridiculously low price (1/3 of book). I expected a scam or a wreck. Were we surprised. . . Long story short, we bought it and found a POS trailor to get her the 1400+ miles to home. Sure enough, the trailer started coming apart before we got out of Florida. We got lucky in catching the issue before the boat hit asphalt. Found a welding / fab shop just 2 miles from the Interstate and engineered some repair braces. So we felt we were "Dam Lucky" we found her and "Dam Lucky" we got her home.
View attachment 189359

Lo0ve the parrot!

Burtonair01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great boat names? How about "Wife" because it takes all my spare cash and I only get to use her on the weekends...when the weather's just right, there's no chores that need done, and it's not down for monthly maintenance! :D

Great idea, sounds like my wife too! You forgot one though, the moons have to be lined up just right also!!

terro

Recruit

My "New To Me" 21ft 86 Sea ray Project Almost Done. New Floor,Paint, InterIor Is
TERRO CHOTICS.
MY NAME IS TERRO, AND I MUST HAVE BEEN PSYCHOTIC DO DO THIS, THOUHGT OF BLOOD SWEAT AND FEARS, BUT THAT WAS TAKEN.
ITS MY FIRST RESTO PROJECT, AND MY LAST, NEVER AGAIN. WHAT A NIGHTMARE ITS BEEN.

joemac356

Cadet

My fave was my ex's grandfather had a magnificent cabin cruiser in Freeport, L.I. way back when.
Their last name started with the letter B.
Her grandmother's name was Mae.

Should I name my 8 foot SIB?

Last edited:

Fish-Hook

Recruit
While in Puerto Vallarta, came across a big catamaran yacht. Across the back, it read "CAT FROM THE HAT". Owners were from Medicine Hat, Alberta.
Another boat name that really made me laff... "Miss Taken".

Along the same lines, you could go with:

- Miss Adventure
- Miss Givings
- Miss Behavin'
- Miss Chief
- Miss Charge
- Miss Conception
- Miss Conduct
- Miss Demeanor
- Miss Fitt
- Miss Fortune

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class
A few years back I read a Post/Article about changing a boats' name. Involved a ceremony/rite to ensure good sailing Anyone know of this procedure ? I'm buying a "new to me" used vessel and wanted to revisit this subject.

ibrw1

Petty Officer 1st Class
My first boat was Stugots, I watched the Sopranos quite a bit back then
My second boat is Empty Pockets because it cost me something every time I take it out

cdnNick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We will be adding the name to our boat tomorrow, she will be "Nauti Fish". My last name is Fish so we wanted to work that into the boat name.

Fish Outta Water was the runner up.