Good Boat names

RGrew176

Commander
This is the name that was on her when I bought her. I decided not to tempt fate and change the name so I kept it the same.

bdjq50.jpg

BTW, it is a Swedish feminine name.

eddie haskell

Petty Officer 3rd Class
After working all week, I am drained, tired, sick.....

My boat brings my health back, it's called WET NURSE

milehighjc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Had a rough year with work in 2014. Purchased boat in September in a fit of realizing that I should work to live, not live to work. Named it over the winter - inspired by the Jimmy Buffett song. The font is actually the same font used on the album art of "Songs you know by heart" - Buffett Script. It reflects what the boat meant to me, and has achieved. I enjoy life a little more, work when I have to, play when I can. I spend more time with my family, my dogs, and on my boat. Have returned to slalom skiing (after 30 years), It really has been a change n attitude.

boatname.JPG

Sept 6 Slalom edited2.jpg

Sophie on boat.jpg

ibrw1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Had a rough year with work in 2014. Purchased boat in September in a fit of realizing that I should work to live, not live to work. Named it over the winter - inspired by the Jimmy Buffett song. The font is actually the same font used on the album art of "Songs you know by heart" - Buffett Script. It reflects what the boat meant to me, and has achieved. I enjoy life a little more, work when I have to, play when I can. I spend more time with my family, my dogs, and on my boat. Have returned to slalom skiing (after 30 years), It really has been a change n attitude.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! We were not put on this Earth to bust buns every night and day!

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Our SkipperLiner is named "Soft Wind", which is totally stupid because our lake has anything BUT "soft" wind. In fact, wind over the weekend tore the slideout awning on our motorhome in half, and obliterated the cover I had on the Party Cruiser...

Been trying to think of a new name since we got it. Now that it's under repair (fixing holes cause by stray current corrosion) I've been toying with 'reborn' names, but I don't really care for "Phoenix" anything, or anything else I can think of.

But- I did come up with one I DO like, as every possible meaning you read into it works... :)

Rec 'n Crew

Old Ironmaker

Captain
My boat is " THE BASSASSIN". She sure isn't a "Bass" boat but we used to primarily fish Smallies here on big water on Erie. It should be called " SKUNKED" some days. I have seen many neat names on the water and Marinas. There is 1 at the Marina, a big arse 40 some footer she is called "YOUR EX WIFES LAWYER".

Somewhere in this thread someone named their boat "Stugats", as was the character Tony Soprano's boat on The Sopranos. I have seen a few copy cat boats with the same name. I don't know if they realize that Gatzo is a nick name for a certain lower male body part in Italian. Stu catz is a rough translation for "your *****". I wouldn't want that on my barge for sure.

Last edited:

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
A couple of weeks ago somebody was talking about old Johnson outboard commercials they ran across on YouTube and how hilarious they were so somebody asked me if I had named my boat. I haven't. They tried to talk me into naming it 'My Johnson' and then it was about five minutes straight of jokes. Want to ride on My Johnson? Hop on My Johnson. It just went on and on.

I have not named my boat My Johnson though.

ibrw1

Petty Officer 1st Class
My wife says I'm nuts about boats. So I came up with Sea Nile. Get it Senile. Too much.

Littlemammoth

Recruit
My sons are named Calvin and Cameron, so I've been wanting to name my boat the 'C-Men' but for some reason the boss won't let me. Go figure.

jharvey1984

Seaman Apprentice
The wife and I recently bought a 2003 cruisers 3275 named "Pain Killer" by the previous owner. He was a pharmacist. My wife does anesthesia so it fits her and we may keep it. If we ever decide to change it we have discussed "Wallbanger" (our last name is Harvey), and "Feeling Nauti". Such a pain in the A to change a boat name and not **** off the sea gods though.

sean.deangelis

Seaman Apprentice
Most of these are juvenile as hell but my brother, cousin and I spend time making jokes about what to rename our boats. Mostly uncomfortable and inappropriate. Here are some of the worst (best):
-Bow Movement (decal has image of a toilet and a Cleveland Browns helmet). It's cool...we're from NE Ohio.
-Vitamin Sea (they actually named their boat this)
-Extra Paperwork (with an image of an unraveling roll of toilet paper)
-The Manhole (life vests on board to resemble the vests worn by the Village People and we would wear super short cutoff jean shorts and grow mustaches for the 4th of July boating bloodbath)
-The Cockpit (same preservers and jack-assery as noted above)
-AquaLung. This was actually the name my father gave our family boat in 1982. Perhaps not original but the man is a legend in boating prowess and general mechanical ability baddassness.
-But my boats are always named Anduin after the the river in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit books. I even have the image with the correct Bilbo Baggins font for the graphics guy to use.

EricT71

Cadet
The wife and I recently bought a 2003 cruisers 3275 named "Pain Killer" by the previous owner. He was a pharmacist. My wife does anesthesia so it fits her and we may keep it. If we ever decide to change it we have discussed "Wallbanger" (our last name is Harvey), and "Feeling Nauti". Such a pain in the A to change a boat name and not **** off the sea gods though.
Dude your last name is Harvey you gotta name it "Wanderer"

I just bought a boat, it does not have a name... what kind of naming ceremony should I perform? Thinking of "Blacktooth Grin" for the name, what do you guys think?

Brandon5778

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My boat's already been named "Lorlee"

What are your guys' thoughts on changing the name? Bad luck as I've heard? Lol

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
My neighbor up in Tahoe named his boat "Crack Oar"...Underneath it says Compton. If you are from So Cal, you would understand.