• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boat interior rebuild/remodel

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat interior rebuild/remodel

I recently got a 1972 model 14'6" Starcraft aluminum boat. There are no hull leaks. The decking is starting to go out because the boat was stored uncovered and outdoors most of its life. I want to rebuild and remodel the interior from the decking up.I want to build light, strong, long-lasting additions to this boat and outfit it with a few things commonly found on newer fishing boats. After researching here, I have learned that wood is not the only material I can use for this project. I know how to do the work, for the most part, but just want to use the materials best suited for the application.What materials should I frame with? How thick should my floor decking be, and of what material(s)? Should I plan to fiberglass? What do I use on side panels? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Boat interior rebuild/remodel

Do a search in the project boat section. I am sure some one has restored one like that. welcome aboard there is a wealth of information on this site.

Comment

Re: Boat interior rebuild/remodel

Could this please be moved to the project boating section? I apologize, as I did not see that forum earlier hehe

Comment

Working...
      X