Operating Live well on 2006 triton

islander12

Cadet
Ok, so my turn to come up with a dumb question. Forgive me!

I recently acquired the above craft, which has an aerated live well in front of the console. On the dash there is a switch for the aerator.
How do I fill the well? I suspect it should have a pump, however there only appears to be a drain hole. So I am unsure and can't seem to locate a pump, although at the aft section where the bilge pump is located there appears to be a tube that feeds toward the bow and splits to a hose adapter on the transom. Could this be a feed for the wash down and the well & if so why can't I get water through it?

Any experience advice appreciated, as I have never used/operated a live well with past boats.

capt sam

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Operating Live well on 2006 triton

there's a difference between a livewell and a baitwell, baitwells are usually aerated with a pump, some livewells only have drains, you have to pour water in them, they're mostly for holding fish for a short period of time, obviously if they're piped to a pump they work longer. The ones in front of consoles usually double as coolers.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Have you actually run the aerator with the boat in the water? Check the aerator carefully. If there is a hose connected to the fitting at the back of the boat that's the livewell pump. Livewell pumps serve to fill the live well through the spray nozzle which in those systems is the aerator. In those systems the livewell must have an overflow near the top of the tank so excesswater can be drained (usually through a fitting in the side of the boat) or via a standpipe which works like the overflow on the toilets in your house. The pipe plugs into the drain hole in the bottom of the tank. As the tank fills, water overflows into the standpipe and out the drain. The spray nozzle or spray bar is what aerates the tank. Check your system more carefully and let us know for sure what you have.

islander12

Cadet

Thank you silvertip and Cpt Sam.
The live well has a stand that plugs into the drain of the well. I'll go down tomorrow and see what else I can tell you about the set up. I have started the aerator switch, but nothing seems to happen. Perhaps I just did not run it for long enough?

David Greer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sea Hunt Triton or Triton Triton? I have the former. The aerator is up under the rim of the tank and out of sight. It also has a valve (sea ****) you have to open. Then, there is a sea **** on the pump itself in the bilge (the pump sits on it). The pump also works the raw water wash-down, which also has a sea ****.
You have the drain tube. I think I might buy a second one and cut it short for when I just have a few minnows. You might also buy a regular plug to keep water from splashing up the drain tube if you are using it for a locker.
I keep the main sea **** closed unless I am going to need those features as a safety precaution (I keep the boat in the water) and it still keeps me up nights!

islander12

Cadet

Late reply as I forgot my log in details... it was the hidden ****, thanks!