boarding ladder

buckw13

Seaman
I was looking to mount a new boarding ladder the other day and ran into a problem. There are three holes per mounting bracket. In order to get the three holes lined up the ladder would not go all the way vertical because of the bumper around the boat. do i want the ladder to go all the way vertical and not hit the bumper or do i want the ladder vertical and only use two of the screw holes per bracket. Thanks for the input

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: boarding ladder

pictures sure would help.

I would think mounting it ( securing ) it to the boat would be the most important thing over looks, now when your talking about mounting it vertical or slightly off vertical, are you tilting in ( like climbing a stem ladder ) or tilting out like the reverse ( would be harder to climb ).....I have a completely vertical dock ladder and its hard a hell to climb when wet for larger people

buckw13

Seaman

here is a pic of the rear of the boat where i am going to mount the 3 step ladder. Hopefully you can see the angled edge around the boat that doesnt let the ladder come straight down. If i mount it using all three holes it sits back in past the angle and hits that angle when it is opened and extended down Thanks

Attachments

• 101_5862-2.jpg
    101_5862-2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 0

escapade

Petty Officer 1st Class

depending on how skilled you are, you could make a mounting plate, that would attached to your boat, then the ladder could attach to the mounting plate, pushing it further out and making it vertical,

another option would be to purchase a different style ladder or to make your own if so inclined

Expidia

Commander

I would call Larson and see what they use for that model. If it was too expensive than you could fashion a similar design yourself.

But I'd start with what an OEM one looks like.

Seems to me you are trying to match a particular ladder to your boat instead of approaching it the other way around. I'd look to first see which ladders would work with your transom design.