Possible to raise the tow eye without any bolt ons?

cube21

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ive wakeboarded behind our boat, and a boat with a tower, and I found its more enjoyable with a tower...overall..
anyway, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to raise the tow eye without using a tower or pylon. I dont want to bolt anything because we will be getting a tower next season, probably.

I was thinking you could use a 4-5 pole shaped to fit in the space between the eye and the hull. The rope would hook to the top of the pole, and the pole wouldnt come out becuase as the rope pulls on the top of the pole, the bottom of the pole would press against the hull. Some additions would be needed to keep it from going side to side, but we could probably figure that out. Just want something temporary and removable.

Anyone have any clue what Im talking about? Or has anyone ever tried doing anything like this. If you dont understand what Im getting at let me know and Ill try to clarify.

thanks.
-CUBE-

Phantom_II

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Possible to raise the tow eye without any bolt ons?

It seems to me that a set-up such as you describe would have an awful lot of leverage towards prying the tow eye right out of your hull.