1991 Seaswirl Tempo-$4,400...Good buy???

Kouka5

Cadet
Before I pull the trigger I just wanted to get some feedback on this boat. This will be the first boat I've owned and I'm just trying to get into something that is fairly cheap, I can fish on, can pull a skier, and has an open bow. I will be using it in lakes/reservoirs. I recently test drove it and everything ran great and the interior/exterior is in very good condition. The seller is the 2nd owner and has always kept it garaged and was told by the original owner that he did the same.

The boat is 17.5?, OMC V-6 190HP I/O, and includes a ski tube, fish finder, and a few other small items. The price is $4,400.

I?ve heard Seaswirl?s are good quality boats; does anyone have any experience with them? The seller is firm on his price, is this a fair price for this boat? Any input before I make the purchase would be helpful. Thanks!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1991 Seaswirl Tempo-$4,400...Good buy???

OMC's are becoming increasingly difficult to find parts/service for. May not be the best option for your first boat. Stick with Mercruiser/Volvo for an I/O.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good boat........ poor outdrive combo. Do some research here on iboats and look at the OMC issues......

Kouka5

Cadet

Thanks for the responses. I didn't realize that OMC is no longer around. I'll keep searching. Thanks again.

PowerAddict

Chief Petty Officer

Just My $.02, but I think thats a bit high for a 17.5' with an OMC. I think you can find equivilant or better for probably cheaper if you shopped around.

Depends upon your patience though, I'm stingy and shop forever to find the best deals...