Glastron fuel tank help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stangman-66

Cadet
I just bought a 2001 Glastron SX175, 3.0GSM-C HO, Volvo Penta I/O. Does anyone know what size the fuel tank is? and also.... The fuel guage doesnt work....its stuck on E. How can I test to see if its the guage or the sending unit thats bad? Thanks :)

Re: Glastron fuel tank help....

If the gauge isn't working its most likely the sender that is shot. If you know that the wiring isn't faulty (continuity test), then pull the sender and check to see if you get ohms resistance throughout its range of travel. You should be able to see resistance rise and fall as you move the float back and forth through its range if the sender is ok. Both gauges and senders are readilly available.

You can find info on your tank size either by looking it up in the manufacturers specifications for your Year/Make/Model, or possibly by finding it on a plate affixed to the tank which identifies its size and manufacturer as is the case in my old Sea Ray.

betsmw2

Recruit
Re: Glastron fuel tank help....

Got a question on the fuel gauge problem. I think I have a similar problem and was wondering about your procedure in changing the sender. Can you do it yourself or was it too difficult and had to be taken in? Can you give me more detail if you did it yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.