Anyone use a Jabsco electric head?

Inghamcl

Recruit
Hi all,

I was in the right place at the right time and purchased a Jabsco electric head for $25. New, in the box, never been used. I think this is a $500 item. It's not the conversion kit for a manual-pump head; it's a complete electric head with the built-in pump/macerator thing.

Anyone use one of these or have experience with them? I'm thinking about installing it in my 27' Regal. My current manual-pump Jabsco works just fine. I can't find much info on the web. There were only two reviews of this unit on westmarine.com and neither was very favorable. A columnist in the latest Yachting magazine laments his many battles with his boat's toilet and the unit shown in the humorous drawing on the columnist's page looks suspiciously like a Jabsco electric head (though he claims his is a sickly green color, not white like mine).

Anyone?

Thanks,
Chris I.
Clearwater, FL

CaptNCamille

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Anyone use a Jabsco electric head?

Our Maxum 2600SE came with a Jabsco electric head and macerator. We have used the boat for one season. The head worked well with no problems. Since the unit came with the boat I have no experience as to a conversion or installation, however I would recommend the head.