Scupper replacement

mlaymance

Cadet
I have been looking without much luck for a scupper like the one in the attached photo. I have one that is broken and allows water to enter the bilge area.

I ghave found scuppers but they are for through the hull installs, not the deck. the existing ones have a sort of countersunk shape, and the ones that I have found have a rounded outside edge.

The boat MFG is no longer in business, so that possibility is out. Checked all the normal places.... west marine, ebay, cabellas, etc. with no luck.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

Sorry guys, couldn't delete post, but I found what I was looking for.

Thanks, anyway!

Attachments

• scupper2.jpg
    scupper2.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 0

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Scupper replacement

Find your self a good boat salvage yard, they always seem to have what you need. Plus you can hagle on the price. I have found that any place that has enough boating for a west marina you can find a boat scrap yard near by. They are also full of people that livee life on the water and a great source for info and tips. I would also sugest that you find another boat like yours and pick it up for parts since the maker of yours is no longer around that is if you realy like that boat and dont want to update.
Good luck

mlaymance

Cadet

Solar,

Thanks for the response. Not many of these babies around, so another one like mine is out of the question. + the Admiral said NO MORE BOATS!

I found the fitting but you brought up an interesting idea. Some other parts that I need may be found at the boat scrapyard (there is one that is about 50 miles from my house) and I have been looking for a reason to go there to prowl and pillage.

Could bring a truck load of parts home, but NO MORE BOATS! go figgure.

mlaymance

Cadet

The boat is a 1979 Penn Yan Explorer. Perhaps I should check on the Penn Yan website.... just that they are so ummmmmm stuffy over there