1984 ranger 372v bass boat???

mtduckhunter

Petty Officer 1st Class
Im looking at buying a 1984 ranger 372v bass boat with a mercury 150. im wondering if this is a good boat? the gel coat is gone, the carpet is worn (but not torn), and the seat are dry rotted and cracked. the guy only wants $2,500 for it. he says it has 2 new bilge pumps 2 new livewell pumps. the motor runs and the tilt and trim works and it has a stainless 3 blade prop, and 2 new batteries. i got in it and there are no soft spots in the floor anywhere and there are no cracks on the transom.

Does this sound like a good deal from what i have explained?

And 18 ft with a 150 hp, . . how fast would it run?

Heres a pic!

759a4bfaadd0.jpg

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: 1984 ranger 372v bass boat???

Look into what it will cost to fix it up if you even want too.

Seats are really expensive but carpet is cheap btu it sound slike all the mechanical stuff is in order.

the gel is probably just oxidized which will buff right out so that isn't a big deal, a couple hours.

It isn't bad deal, that seems like a really good price.

An 18 bass with a 150 I would think would run close to 50+.

Figure out what you would want to fix and see how much that is going to cost then roll that into what he wants for the boat and see if you still want it.

mtduckhunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys! all problems are cosmetic, the only things i want to fix right now is the carpet and recover the seats.

as far as the gel coat, i dont know what can be buffed, but i can feel the flake. :confused:

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Wow, if you can feel the flake it is pretty much gone,maybe you could throw some clear coat on it.

Still looks like a real decent boat.

mtduckhunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

it is still good on the sides and a few areas inside, but most of the top is this way.

mtduckhunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Went and ran the boat yesterday, it ran good, the motor was a little hard starting but it hasnt been ran in a year. i couldnt really see how fast it would run because the guy was scared of it. . . on the way back to the ramp, he shut it down about 100 yards from the ramp and it started making a whistling sound and only steam was coming from the tale tele, he idled it on to the ramp and a little smoke was coming from under the cowl. we took the cover off and towed it home and put muffs on it and the water pump worked fine.

what could be the problem?