boarding ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckw13

Seaman
hello all. Getting ready to install a 3step boarding ladder on my larson senza 210 lx. Question is does it matter which side of the swim platform you should put it on?

cribber

Lieutenant
Re: boarding ladder

Most boats I've seen with swim ladders have them mounted on the starboard (right) side of the swim platform. That's where th ladder is installed on my Glastron. It could have went to the other side since I have grab rails on both sides.

cnr2003

Seaman

My guess is that they are normally on the starboard side because if you are picking up someone from in the water, it is easier for the driver to get the boat closer to the person in the water if they are on the starboard side.

lekmedm

Seaman

My Cruisers, Inc. has it on the port side. I've seen others on the port side as well. :rolleyes:

haulnazz15

Captain

Mine is also on the port side. Have actually seen more on the port side if I recall correctly.

a70eliminator

Captain

Keep in mind whichever side the boarding ladder is on will be getting wet. Port side seems to be the norm.

Dirty Dawg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My Sundeck has the ladder on the port side but the "door" thru the transom is on the starboard. Makes no sense to me. The newer models have the ladder on the starboard I think. Ike

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

My 92 Sea Ray has a boarding ladder on the port side, but it doesn't matter.

buckw13

Seaman

here is a pic of the stern of my boat. I was thinking the port side because the speedo is on the starboard side and I didn't want to give a person a chance to hit that. Also I need to mount a transom transducer was wondering if the best place would be near the speedo thanks for any info

Attachments

• 101_5862.jpg
    101_5862.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

position does not matter. it is what works best for you and your boat. i like 4 step, especially if you have older/larger people visit your boat.

cbavier

Lieutenant

This would make a good poll question. My 4 winns ladder is on the port side. Since I don't have the Euro style boat the swim platform is 18 inches out and away from the transom. Buck I have transducers on both sides because I have two Fish Finders and I didn't want them to interfere with one another so there is no chance of a clash with the Spedo position. This works for me.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Mine is on the port side however I really wish it was on the starboard side because I'm going to be mounting a kicker motor and I would have much prefered the weight of that to be on the port side balancing out the driver's weight.

cbavier

Lieutenant

Mine is on the port side however I really wish it was on the starboard side because I'm going to be mounting a kicker motor and I would have much prefered the weight of that to be on the port side balancing out the driver's weight.

If you don't have handles. Can't you move it to the other side?

bigskiohio

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have a two step on the port. two step is almost impossible to use unless you are a youngster. I am going to add a step this year for like 50.00.

cbavier

Lieutenant

I have a two step on the port. two step is almost impossible to use unless you are a youngster. I am going to add a step this year for like 50.00.

How do you add a step. Mine is a two step and I would like to add two more steps without buying a new ladder.

ziggy

Admiral

position does not matter. it is what works best for you and your boat.
that's the way i see it too.

or, ya can get a portable ladder and hang it over whichever side ya want.

or, i'm still climbing up my drive to get back in... :D

special_kaye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've got old mounting hardware on the starboard side but thought of putting the new ladder on the port side. It's not as hard looking over your should to check ladder as it is to turn all the way around if it's behind you. Just my thoughts.

harley669

Recruit

I have a 1997 searay 230 overniter my 3 step baording ladder broke off half way, i would like to find a original ladder so i wont have to re drill holes in my boat i have the part number 0888289 but dont know who made it any one know??

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Old thread. Refer to rule #12

Status
Not open for further replies.