Leaning Post or Twin Helm Seats on CC

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I'm trying to make a decision on going with either the standard icechest seat with reversable backrest or the optional twin helm seats on a 19ft Polar Deep V.<br /><br />I like the idea of the helm seats since I can rotate the seat to fish from the side of my boat while also having the fishfinder and controlls easily accessable. In addition, when pulling the kiddies on a tube, our spotter can rotate the chair to sit backwards and keep an eye on everything. However, I like the idea of the leaning post when navigating congested areas or through chop so that you have better visibility. The other issue is loosing a little storage space which is afforded by the ice chest below the seat. I was thinking of ordering it with the standard leaning post configuration and then install my own pneumatic helm seats which can be removable if I should desire to use the leaning post seat during prevailing conditions. <br /><br />I'd like to hear some additional pros and cons of each<br />Helpful advice apprreciated.<br /><br />Kevin

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Leaning Post or Twin Helm Seats on CC

Why not have it both ways? I have a 23' CC. My helm seat is a swivel seat that is mounted on top of a large fish box/cooler with stainless steel bolts.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

For what it's worth: I've owned a CC for 13 years and my experience has been that I stand almost 100% of the time. I wish I'd gone with a leaning post myself. Another possible solution is a single leaning post for the driver and a swivel seat for the passenger. BTW, my better half prefers a seat, better check with yours.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, PAKev.<br /><br />I saw a CC that seems to me to have the answer to your problem.<br /><br />It had two swivel seats that mounted in deck mounts, like high-end bassboat seats, AND he had a leaning post on two posts that fit into the two deck mounts. <br /><br />I think it was custom made, but a reasonable handy boater should be able to duplicate it.<br /> <br />Good luck. :)