• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houseboat Party Tops

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houseboat Party Tops

Looking to replace 18' party top on houseboat with a hardtop - old canvas is gone. Does anyone suggest a material and source for the hardtop? Does anyone have any experience using King Starboard marine polymer for the hardtop? Thanks!

Re: Houseboat Party Tops

My buddy just redid his big pontoon with Eliteboard, they use it as insulated roofing for aluminum screen porches which are common here., Pricey though, I would guess he spent $2500 or so in material.
    Love the life you live, live the life you love-Bob Marley

sigpic

Comment

starboard is heavy and expensive. wouldn't be a good choice if you're looking to walk on it at all.

Comment

No foot traffic on this hardtop party top; just a shade cover instead of canvas (previously used). Will likely use it also to hold solar panels for charging inverter system.

How about the Starboard XL material which is 30% lighter than regular Starboard (not the Starlite XL material)?

Comment

Have you checked with Fiberglass Concepts? Expensive, but last forever. They have a website. This it the top that the mojority of the Kentucky houseboat manuf. put on their new boats.

Comment

I ended up sourcing Starboard XL (which is approx 33% lighter than standard Starboard) and installing on party top. It looks fantastic, was very easy to work with using standard tools (used find tooth circular saw and jig saw) and will last a very long time based on its properties.

Comment

Working...
            X