Livewell/Wash Down Pump Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livewell/Wash Down Pump Question
    Darn... is it toast or repairable? its Jabsco ParMax4. do people fix'm, or can them? it's a fairly new unit only used 3-4 times but prob. out of warr. from the outside of it...it looks like new.I can't find any of my paper work on the darn thing either

Re: Livewell/Wash Down Pump Question

replace it. and install a timer switch.
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

The Parmax 4 is a run dry pump. I have one on my raw water washdown and have forgotten to turn it off a couple of time when I pulled the boat. Only a couple of hours though.

It's a diaphragm pump so you couldn't have done too much to the pump. Rebuild kits are cheap, give it a shoot

Is the motor running at all?

Comment

Thanks, I FOUND the reciept!!!!!!!!! Wow! bought it 4/07. so I called GO2Marine, and there sending me a packing slip to ship it back for a new one! It's got a 3 yr warr. How cool is that! I went down in the bilge and took it out and I'm ready to send them the pump. If any problems arrise I will let you all know. But so far no problem with Go2 at all.

Comment

And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertip View Post
            And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :-)
            OK

Comment

"And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :-)"

AMEN!
              Last fall we took my buddies boat to upper NY for a remote 4 day fishing trip.
              On the morning of the trip, he accidently hit his livewell switch. We got to NY and found the battery dead (which left us only 2 to run teh trolling motor for the full 4 days.)
              Just rigging my new boat this month and have rewired the pos feed for the factory fuse/switch panel for the bilge, livewell and nav lights through a master switch. Otherwise, I could just see me doing the same thing :-(

Comment

Working...
              X