• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Livewell/Wash Down Pump Question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livewell/Wash Down Pump Question

Darn... is it toast or repairable? its Jabsco ParMax4. do people fix'm, or can them? it's a fairly new unit only used 3-4 times but prob. out of warr. from the outside of it...it looks like new.I can't find any of my paper work on the darn thing either

Re: Livewell/Wash Down Pump Question

replace it. and install a timer switch.
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

The Parmax 4 is a run dry pump. I have one on my raw water washdown and have forgotten to turn it off a couple of time when I pulled the boat. Only a couple of hours though.

It's a diaphragm pump so you couldn't have done too much to the pump. Rebuild kits are cheap, give it a shoot

Is the motor running at all?
      Grady White 226
      200 Evinrude Ocean Pro
      Evinrude Renegade Offshore Prop

Furuno FCV 587 Sounder
      Garmin 4208 Multifunction Display
      ICOM M504A VHF
      Shakespeare Galaxy 5225-XT Antennas

Comment

Thanks, I FOUND the reciept!!!!!!!!! Wow! bought it 4/07. so I called GO2Marine, and there sending me a packing slip to ship it back for a new one! It's got a 3 yr warr. How cool is that! I went down in the bilge and took it out and I'm ready to send them the pump. If any problems arrise I will let you all know. But so far no problem with Go2 at all.

Comment

And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertip View Post
            And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :-)
            OK

Comment

"And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :-)"

AMEN!
              Last fall we took my buddies boat to upper NY for a remote 4 day fishing trip.
              On the morning of the trip, he accidently hit his livewell switch. We got to NY and found the battery dead (which left us only 2 to run teh trolling motor for the full 4 days.)
              Just rigging my new boat this month and have rewired the pos feed for the factory fuse/switch panel for the bilge, livewell and nav lights through a master switch. Otherwise, I could just see me doing the same thing :-(

Comment

Working...
              X