Livewell/Wash Down Pump Question

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Darn... is it toast or repairable? its Jabsco ParMax4. do people fix'm, or can them? it's a fairly new unit only used 3-4 times but prob. out of warr. from the outside of it...it looks like new.I can't find any of my paper work on the darn thing either

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Livewell/Wash Down Pump Question

replace it. and install a timer switch.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

The Parmax 4 is a run dry pump. I have one on my raw water washdown and have forgotten to turn it off a couple of time when I pulled the boat. Only a couple of hours though.

It's a diaphragm pump so you couldn't have done too much to the pump. Rebuild kits are cheap, give it a shoot

Is the motor running at all?

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks, I FOUND the reciept!!!!!!!!! Wow! bought it 4/07. so I called GO2Marine, and there sending me a packing slip to ship it back for a new one! It's got a 3 yr warr. How cool is that! I went down in the bilge and took it out and I'm ready to send them the pump. If any problems arrise I will let you all know. But so far no problem with Go2 at all.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :)

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :)

:D OK

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

"And when you are done fixing the pump, install a MASTER POWER switch. No more toasted motors or dead batteries. But then it will only help if you remember to turn it off. :)"

AMEN!
Last fall we took my buddies boat to upper NY for a remote 4 day fishing trip.
On the morning of the trip, he accidently hit his livewell switch. We got to NY and found the battery dead (which left us only 2 to run teh trolling motor for the full 4 days.)
Just rigging my new boat this month and have rewired the pos feed for the factory fuse/switch panel for the bilge, livewell and nav lights through a master switch. Otherwise, I could just see me doing the same thing :-(