Is this a good locking seat swivel?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
wd15_3.jpg

This is the wise brand 12 way locking seat swivel available in the iboats boat store.

Anyone here use this?

Is this a good unit or no?

Thanks!

Mark

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Is this a good locking seat swivel?

(Insert sound of crickets chirping here.)

Hmmmm. Maybe I should have posted this in the fishing forum.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i have never used it. but i don't like painted swivels. the paint wears, then they get hard to turn.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

i have never used it. but i don't like painted swivels. the paint wears, then they get hard to turn.

This is power coated, if that makes a difference. Its made by Smithfield, but the one iboats carries is labeled Wise. The Smithfield version is plated, not painted.

My concerns are for the nylon bushing and the locking mechanism. It has a 3 year warranty, but that doesn't mean much if it breaks after 1 year.

Boating on salt water I think it will get a bit more stress with the chop than most fishermen would put on it in their jon boat and use it on calm lake waters.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Hehe, I'm a cheap bastard too, and was looking at that and an el-cheapo post to put the chair on. I'm also curious how well it works or if I should just pony up the money for a real pedestal. Just makes me mad how much they charge for what is essentially the base of a cheapie office chair. I've actually considered using the base of a cheap office chair.. and I suppose after writing this still am.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hehe, I'm a cheap bastard too, and was looking at that and an el-cheapo post to put the chair on. I'm also curious how well it works or if I should just pony up the money for a real pedestal. Just makes me mad how much they charge for what is essentially the base of a cheapie office chair. I've actually considered using the base of a cheap office chair.. and I suppose after writing this still am.

Yeah, I'm feeling the financial pinch. Got to get what works, not what I want. :D