sx or st smart tabs?? Recomondations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sx or st smart tabs?? Recomondations?

I talked to someone at Nauticus earlier today, and was told I could fit the SX9510-80 tabs or the ST1290-80 tabs. I know the SX are a good amount cheaper than the STs', but if they supposedly do the same thing, is there any real reason to go with the more expensive STs? The Nauticus guy told me its my personal choice on what I want. Id prefer to save the money, unless there is an advantage with the STs!

Re: sx or st smart tabs?? Recomondations?

I have the SX9510-80 tabs and they are everything they say they are!! Excellent choice for my 20ft Larson.

Angel

2007 Larson Senza 206 5.0GL I/O Volvo Penta 220hp
    EZ Loader Trailer
    2008 Nissan Pathfinder

Comment

Where is your speedo and depth finder>

Comment

Originally posted by AngelC View Post
        I have the SX9510-80 tabs and they are everything they say they are!! Excellent choice for my 20ft Larson.

I agree 100%...

I have the same on my 19' cuddy, 5.0, 200 HP boat, & LOVE them!
        1988 Glassport 190rx, Sport Cuddy, 19', 5.0 Mercruiser I/O, Alpha One, DIY WAKE fully loaded tower.
        2004 Chevy Avalanche ( 2500 )

UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION ( she will be awesome, to us anyway );
        http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...20Restoration/
        http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...tolliver/misc/
        http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...liver/Boating/

Comment

ST ones are stronger if your going to be really pounding the waves, but the SX ones will work just fine for most people. I bought the ST ones, because what can I say, there shiny and pretty and I got them cheap.

-- Jeff

Comment

Ok guys I will give you a view of the ST version

By the way, I like mine, they do everything advertised.

http://www.facebook.com/iloveboating

2004 Sea Ray 185 Sport, 4.3L,190, Alpha
            1994 GMC 4X4 1500, 5.7L

Comment

Since we're all posting pics of the pretty Smart Tabs we all love, I thought I'd add mine

They really did make a huge improvement to my boat's handing. Just need to get the stupid motor working right now :P
              Benjamin Krein
              Floats: 2008 Four Winns H200
              Restoration: 1980 19' Century 190 Restoration
              Tows: 2005 Nissan Titan SE

Comment

Hello,

I am thinking of getting the SX or STs for my 20' Crownline. My concern is the lip for lack of a better word that you see in my pic. I guess A is where I would put the tab, B is what I think would cause a problem. Anyone know the distance of C?

Any thoughts from those Smart Tab owners?

I got this boat last year, a 2004, love it but the only issue is we seem to get some porposing that I think the tabs will correct.

THANKS
                Attached Files
                ----------------
                1999 Mercury XR6 150

Comment

I finally installed smart tabs on my 20' Stingray. What a difference! Hardly any bow rise, handles the chop much better. Was well worth and and I highly recommend!

Comment

I also installed the SX and I am SUPER HAPPY with the performance. Depending on where the strut is mounted on the rear of your boat will make the difference. For instance "ontwowheels" you will probably have to go with the ST (of course check with John, you can actually start your own thread and he will chime in and let you know exactly what you need and where to mount them). If either will work go with the SX. I also mounted the retractor kit so I can raise or lower them for when we wakeboard....

Like my dad used to say "IT'S ONLY WORTH WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY YOU FOR IT!".

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ontwowheels View Post
                      Hello,

I am thinking of getting the SX or STs for my 20' Crownline. My concern is the lip for lack of a better word that you see in my pic. I guess A is where I would put the tab, B is what I think would cause a problem. Anyone know the distance of C?

Any thoughts from those Smart Tab owners?

I got this boat last year, a 2004, love it but the only issue is we seem to get some porposing that I think the tabs will correct.

THANKS
                      You can probably mount them where the BLUE line is, but again check with John...

Like my dad used to say "IT'S ONLY WORTH WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY YOU FOR IT!".

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X