Any Ebbtide Dyna-Trak Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

WobblyEbbtide

Recruit
Re: Any Ebbtide Dyna-Trak Owners

I have a '78 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 176 and could really use some help with a few odds and ends. It has a 150hp 2 cycle outboard evanrude on it. i Need to hook up my tach and find the idle screw on the engine. If anyone has some information or knows where to find a good manual, please let me know. Thanks, Joe.

js228

Recruit

Hi there Joe, man id like to help you out but I'm new to this world, and not mechanically inclined at all. As far as a manual, id search around here on iboats should be able to find something. Well as far as my dyna, I thought I had the carpet on its way and done, but my luck that's not the case. On the main floor I ripped the carpet up and it taking up parts of the floor with it, so I started to rip the floor out, I have No clue what I'm doing, but I'm giving it a shot, one Question I have is what and where are the stringers. Any other help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

Stanglineman72

Recruit

Hey guys, I got a steal on a 1985 Dyna Trak, believe its a 176ss. Will post pics soon, been doing a lot of interior work. Got a 120 Evinrude on it, having a confusing time with the motor, its running great but theres a red switch on a cylinder below the carburetor, wondering if anyone knows anything about these motors. Been having a little oil injection trouble, been expirimenting back and forth with oil injection and pre mixing. Also, anyone know where I could get an original style bimini top for it? Hardware and canvas, the stock one is long gone. Pictures coming soon, go Dyna Trak!

Safebet

Cadet

Congratulations on your purchase. I own a 1985 DynaTrak 179, 18' bass boat with a 150 Yamaha.

I disconnected my oil injection and am mixing. I am just a little leary of the oil injection system that's 25 years old. My motor is a 1985 model. I just mix 50:1, add the necessary Marine Stabil, Yamaha Ring free and for a couple of tanks some SeaFoam. It cleans the carbs.

Now I don't have to worry about whether the engine is getting enough oil or not.

They are great boats built by a long standing company with a great reputation.

Again, congratulations and keep us posted and post those pics.

Stanglineman72

Recruit

Hey everybody, im back with the pics and definite specs. Its a 1985 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 162 S/S with a 1985 Evinrude V4 120
IMG_3281.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

Safebet

Cadet

Looks like you got a great one. It appears to be in very good shape. I think Ebbtide has some of the best looking boats around. They are very sleek. My 179 does good in pretty rough water. Just have to stay with the throttle at the right times.

Give us a report on your initial launch.

Nice Boat!

Stanglineman72

Recruit

Ive actually had it out quite a few times, the first launch wasnt too great, but Ive got the motor running better now and figured out some odds and ends. The floor was shot, just finished the plywood replacement, waiting on some carpet. She runs good, kind of a sluggish throttle, but once it gets going good it planes out great and tops out around 55 or 60. Pulls a tube pretty good too, overall I love the boat so far just needs some TLC

Munchie Man

Recruit

I just purchased a 1985 Ebb Tide Dyna Trak and will need to replace the plywood floor decking this winter. What is the best material to use. I prefer not to use marine plywood and was wondering if there is a man made material that would be completely waterproof and is sold in sheets which could be cut to shape the floor panels. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

njrextreme

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 87 ebbtide dyna-trak 156 ss and love it. It had a mariner 90 I-6 but had issues. I swaped it w/ a 74 Merc. 115 I-6 and used my lower tilt and lower unit. Im now re-doing the carpet and pads. I have to do a small amount of glass work under the drivers seat and then I can finish this project up. Im running out of summer. Ive had this boat 10 years now. Its fun and fast and makes a good all around boat.

re-carpet link- http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=427645&highlight=ebbtide

Attachments

• 2009_1207Image0137.jpg
    2009_1207Image0137.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2009_1207Image0138.jpg
    2009_1207Image0138.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 1

Snowdude

Recruit

WOW this thread really took off...

Unfortunately, there are no replacement parts for these boats. Ive contacted ebbtide, they no longer have parts after the company was reformed as a power boat manufacturer in the 90's. A Porsche racing enthusiast owns it now.

The Rear ladder was standard on every boat, and unfortunately isn't a aftermarket buy.

A three blade aluminum prop will get you the best top speed always.

For people replacing the floor, Ebbitde to this day still uses wood, it provides better flotation and weight distribution.

The hull fiberglass and most parts on this boat were built by hand, you can find the boat builders signatures on the gas tank if its factory.

It retailed for $17k as a limited edition 180ss in 1986

PICT0015-2.jpg

bigdumbdually

Recruit

nice !!! i have the same color and hope to try your method this weekend...

KEITHnTEXAS

Recruit

Does any one know where i can find a walk-thu windshield for my 1987 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak.I just completely restore it an be dang if a large tree limb
didn't fall across it and bent the window frame iboats.com has discontinued
caring them and there isn't any salvage yards around my part of the world

snowscum

Recruit

Here is mine. I've owned it for about 10 years now. Been a pretty good boat but put about 2k into it with odds and ends. Its pretty beat up but floats and do alot of fishing on it. Heading out to Powell again in October. Not sure how much longer I will own it since its not worth much. New VRO went on it last week. Heading to Chatfield today to run some gas through it and make sure its working ok. Put 50:1 into gas tank incase the VRO isnt function properly. Still could not find out how big the tank is so I guessed.
Ebbtide1800ss.jpg

Ken176S/S

Recruit

Hey fellow Dyna-Trak owners. I just found this forum and I am amazed at how many people really appreciate a fine boat. I've got a 1985 176 S/S with a Evinrude 150 XP that I purchased BRAND NEW in 1990. There was an Ebbtide dealer in Danville KY that actually purchased his boats from Ebbtide and owned them until they sold. This one actually stayed inside the showroom for 5 years. I've kept it in the garage ever since. I'll try to get some pics posted soon, I have done the wetsanding/polishing all the top sides and man, it does make a heck of a difference. As far as issues or problems with the boat, none. Kept up with the normal cleaning and maintenence, replaced the plastic transom fittings to prevent leaks and rot, replaced a fuel/vro pump once, replaced the water pump in the lower unit and that is it!
I have read alot of the other posts on here and it seems that quite a few people on here have just recently purchased their Dyna and some have a few questions. I've had mine for quite a while and I know it inside and out and from front to back, so hit me up with any question, be really glad to help. You never know, I might need parts or help myself some day. :D

Ken176S/S

Recruit

Good luck. Ebbtide also produced a boat under the name Jason which is 99% identical to the Dyna-Trak. Might try to find one of those. Hope this helps.

bobkyle2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

new ebbtide boat owner here and love it :D.... glad to hear of other ebbtides and there owners loving them

Blake0912

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just bought one this past weekend it's a 1988 17.6 SS with an 88 Johnson. The interior is pretty rough and I'm going to replace the carpet and seats. But the floor and hull is very solid. The outside of the boat needs a good waxing, it looks like it hasn't been washed since 1988 lol. If someone could post some pics of how the driver/passenger seat was originally mounted and the side rod holders i would greatly appreciate it. Here's some pics of mine.

009.jpg

007.jpg

brgvnav

Recruit

Results of first season with my 1999 DynaTrak 160ss:

Great boat!! I did a lot of fishing, primarily on electric motor only lakes. I did get it out on the Delaware River and on Blue Marsh Lake to crank up the engine and see what she would do. I am very happy with it. Next year I will take it down to the upper Chesapeake Bay for some fishing and cruising.

Changes made:
  • New batteries
  • New Hummingbird GPS/fishfinder with bow and stern transducers
  • Replaced the original (?) Motorguide/foot control with a 55# MinnKota/stick control for more power and floor space
  • Rewired the batteries/trolling motor and added both a dual battery gauge and a battery switch
  • Added SmartTabs to the stern for better overall control.

To Do list for 2011:
  • Replace the live well pump
  • Install a Stainless steel prop
  • Add some form of sun cover over the cockpit (to keep the wife happy)
  • Get out on the water more:D

Attachments

• DSCN1564 iboat pic.jpg
    DSCN1564 iboat pic.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.