Any Ebbtide Dyna-Trak Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Any Ebbtide Dyna-Trak Owners

Here are some bigger pics of mine, new seats just put in and some improvments on the trailer
IM000537.jpg

IM000535.jpg

IM000534.jpg

IM000541.jpg

IM000532.jpg

brandonsb22

Seaman

Nice looking setup you have there. That is going to be my next toy.

mitch23544

Recruit

love that color, never saw it before, heres mine , 180ss red and black. Nice boat.
. I like the color and look of the boat. I just bought a 1986 dynatrack 180 sk with a 115 mercury, I wish I could find original ladder for back of boat, and the rails for front, do you know where I could get original parts or aftermarket that are similiar.

Not really, I would suggest you post here for a parts. There may be someone with a parts boat.

yaajer

Cadet

I have never heard of this type until I saw one last week. I'm going to be the proud new owner of this boat for $3500. Boat looks great for it's age, and motor is clean. It's a late 80's 179 Dyna-Trak. Going to be a great bass fishing boat! Though I don't know about the compression, owner states that it was hitting 80's on all but one cylinder, which was 79. I might decarb it and see what my marina gets. I heard 90's compression was ideal, but having all compression the same was more important. This so?

Here's my future boat (in a couple days). I'm going to put a nice 72lb trolling motor, some extra batteries and a nice depth/gps on it. Owner says he the boat planes fast and got up to 70 mph on the speedo before he got to freaked out. :)

I just need to a do a good buff job (in real life the hull is not faded, just lighting on the picture and the gray coloring of the boat). Seats are getting redone by owner also!

Attachments

• DSCF6106.JPG
    DSCF6106.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF6107.JPG
    DSCF6107.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF6109.JPG
    DSCF6109.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6111.JPG
    DSCF6111.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 0

CaptnTony

Cadet

Hey all. I just bout a 1983 Ebbtide 176SS (no motor) yesterday. I went down to buy a cheap motor for another boat I just picked up from the guy selling this. I ended up getting a 50hp Force (88), the boat and the trailmaster trailer for 400.00. Included a few other little goodies (motor stand, gas, and a ton of work). Bought it for the trailer (our newest boat needed a nice trailer), but when I got there and actually saw the boat. I is a very endearing design and now I'm planning on running it and selling my 19' 1980 Searay instead :).

I did notice that someone had a ladder attached to the port side, was that an after market add on, or should I have had one (I don't). If it's after market, do you remember where you picked it up at?

Also, the previous owner was going to replace the main floor so now that job is mine. It is currently ripped out and I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to do the job. I'd like to be as authentic as possible. Is there a manual out there with specifics about dimensions, wood used, inserting it all properly, the locations of seats so they can be reset in proper positions?

These are the pictures posted on craigslist by the seller. They really don't do it justice. It is darn nice looking. Was always kept under tarp or in garage/workshop.

Attachments

• Dyna1.jpg
    Dyna1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Dyna2.jpg
    Dyna2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Dyna3.jpg
    Dyna3.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1

Kracken

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats,

Nice looking boat. Looks like you will get to know her intimately before your first cruise. Ebbtides are very well constructed boats but not well known because they are not mass produced. You will have to post pictures when she is done.

Contact Ebbtide directly, I believe they are in TN. They should be able to give you any info you might need.

Safebet

Cadet

I am restoring this 1985 Dyna Trak 179 Bass Boat. I need to replace the bow mounted control panels for Trolling motor, aerator, timer, nav lights, etc. The panels are backed and trimmed in plastic and it is brittle. You can see them up front in this picture. It is powered with a 150 HP Yamaha w/ 5" jackplate and 3 bladed SS prop.

Does Ebbtide still exist, and if so, how can I reach them to see if they still have parts for this boat.

This is one beautiful boat. I love the graceful lines.

Thanks

Jim
Diana, Texas

Last edited:

spudshaft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ebbtide still exists, or at least they did before the Great Recession. I think the web site is ebbtideboats.com If not, google it.

bgovan

Cadet

I recently purchased a 1999 Dyna Trak 160SS with a 90hp Mercury 2-stroke. Both the boat and the outboard are in great condition. I have done a little electrical work (added a battery gauage)and replaced the fish finder. I am waiting on a couple of ordered parts for the engine to complete my work and get out on the water. A brief sea trial prior to purchase had the boat comfortably up to 45mph with two aboard. I expect to use it mostly for fishing. It has great lines and is very well built from all the research I have been able to do on it.

Attachments

• 1999 Ebbtide Dyna Trak 160SS -3 small.jpg
    1999 Ebbtide Dyna Trak 160SS -3 small.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1

Safebet

Cadet

Congratulations! You have a very nice boat. I love the lines of the Ebbtide.

I am not far off from launching for the first time. I have been working on my boat for nearly 5 months now. I have just about redone everything including the trailer. The only thing I lack is the two front panels for Trolling Motor, Aerator, etc. I have e-mailed Ebbtide, but no response.

They are still usable, but the plastic is getting brittle. I would like to replace them. Keep us posted on your sea trials.

Again, great looking boat.

Conall49

Recruit

All nice boats. I love my 1986 Ebbtide. Keep the posts coming

js228

Recruit

HI Fellow dyna-trak owners, hopefully there's some of ya still out there. I just got a 1985 dyna 176 ss 18 ft, with a 115 hp evinrude. Needs some work, but I think ill have her on the water in about a month, mainly interior work, floor will come this fall, never done it before, so could use some advice. I'll attempt to try to figure out how to post some pics for you. Happy boating

Ganis

Cadet

Still a few of us running around :D I have an '81 with a Johnson 150 i just finished rebuilding last week. Still working on the floor where the PO covered up the ski well.

js228

Recruit

Congrats on the rebuild. Still a ways to go on mine, replacing carpet right now, then seats. I'm getting really impatient, I wanna see what this boat can do. From everything I've read about the dyna boats, they seem like they have a bright future. Heck I love it already and haven't even been in the water yet.

Safebet

Cadet

I launched mine yesterday for it's maiden voyage. It performed great. I did not get it over 4200 RPM, the water was rough due to a lot of jet ski's and skiers. The wind didn't help any either. The boat took a pretty good pounding, but is very stable.

One thing I noticed is that when you hit a wave the boats hell design
throws the water away from the boat. You don't get drenched like you do in some boat. Mine is a single console without a windscreen.

I checked every thing out and all was ok. I don't know how fast it will run at full throttle, but at 4200 it seems like it is moving very well.

I am looking forward to pictures of your progress. I will post some pics taken just before I went to lake.

Good Luck

Jim
Diana, Texas

Rudy Brauer

Recruit

Just picked up a dyna trak 150 in near mint condition.Just needs a little TLC and it will be ready.Looks like we have a pretty good number of owners,this could turn out to be a useful site.Have fun with your toys!

Safebet

Cadet

Congratulations, Rudy. I purchased a 1985 179 DynaTrak in January 2010. Just made it's maiden voyage last Saturday. Mine required a lot of work, over 400 hours, but it was worth it. I love DynaTraks.

Post pics of your boat and give us some details.

js228

Recruit

Hey guy's. Well, my progress on my dyna 176 is a slow going do to the fact of time in a day, but I do have the new carpet in, got tires and rims ordered, so next thing will be seats. anyways, I'm going to hopefully get some pics on here soon. This 115 hp evinrude that's on this boat, what would you suggest as far as a new prop for it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.