Any Ebbtide Dyna-Trak Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobaschmidt

Cadet
I just bought an 85' Dyna-Trak 176 S/S with a 90 hp Johnson this spring and wanted to know if there are any other owners to compare some data. The boat is a fiberglass 17' fish and ski with a wrap around open center windshild.<br />Questions: <br />Prop to run, right now I am running a 3 blade 13 3/4 x 19 SS - 41.5 MPH (GPS)@ 5800 RPM?<br />Trolling motor to buy, I took off a cracked Johnson 28# bow mount 36" shaft. What thrust should I run?<br />Jack plate? Would it help much<br />Is there a website for Dyna-trak forum?<br />Thank you, Bob :eek:

Snowdude

Recruit
Re: Any Ebbtide Dyna-Trak Owners

There great boats, i bought a 86' dynatrak last year, we used it almost every other day! there awsome boats and way ahead of there time, often people think its a new boat. I have a 17.6 with a 115 merc. and a 5 BLADE MERC HIGH 5 prop. it dose 48 gps. they ride ecelent in choppy waters.i compare it to a mastercraft ride and drive. hope you have good luck with the motor! know u will with the boat though.:D

PICT0179.jpg

DynaTrak180ss

Recruit

I LOVE this boat!!!!!!!! I bought it earlier this summer. It is a 1986 180SS. 150 HP Johnson V6. 55 MPH GPS with a 23 pitch 3 blade. I have a jackplate and removed the old minn-kota vintage Mag40 trolling motor and replaced it with a new Minn Kota Edge 40 unit. Wonderful boat for fishing, skiing, tubing, etc.... not great it heavy chop due to its short freeboard and relatively flat bottom but it trim out perfectly and jumps out of the water.

I'f I knew how to post pictures I'd show ya.

Jim
Minneapolis

Relaxed427

Cadet

Hey there guys and gals. I just joined the forum, and I just purchased a 1986 Ebbtide Dyna Trak 180 ss. It has a 1986 Evinrude 110hp on it.

I have not been able to put her in the water yet- I am up in Minnesota, and all the water is very hard. I did have a mechanic check out the motor and run it in his tank, and the engine is still very stron according to him.

The previous owner however, said the boat only got up to about 30-35 mph. Reading these posts, it sounds like that is very slow. I suspect it is the prop choice on the boat right now. I could not locate a pitch, but it is a 14in dia. and it is a composite material.

My question then is: Should I attempt to guess and purchase a prop, and then test it out on the water in a few months? Or should I just wait and test with the composite prop, then find a better one? Or is 30-35 a decent speed for a 110hp?

Thanks a bunch for the help!

Kymatlo

Cadet

Hello fellow DynaTrak Owners! I've got an '86 with a 150HP Johnson on it. It runs great, and will top out around 50MPH with a 21 pitch stainless prop on it. I love the boat's layout and and I think it perfectly fits the bill for a FISH and. . .ski rig. I've been having a lot of electrical issues with it lately, so you'll probably run into my posts on here from time to time looking for guidance. Feel free to chime in. I'm out on the water 15-20 times a year and usually in Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. Hope to hear from you or see ya on the water.

httrdd007

Cadet

Here is my new (to me) 1987 Dyna-Trak 180 SS. It is my project boat that I will be making look immaculate! I do not have a motor for her just yet so I will be trolling around on my trolling motor. Please give me any info you can on this boat or even where to find manuals or info on her.

To follow my restoration of this bass boat.
http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/378062-new-guy-restoring-bass-boat

3366413487_5fba5f162a.jpg

3367233342_c2c0884934.jpg

3366402427_8d52e87bc02.jpg

3366407823_bf91ab9e6a.jpg

Relaxed427

Cadet

Nice Dyna-

I am working on a few minor issues in mine too, although I may decide to tackle the finish too.

Please keep us updated on your quest for manuals- I too am looking for them.

httrdd007

Cadet

Nice Dyna-

I am working on a few minor issues in mine too, although I may decide to tackle the finish too.

Please keep us updated on your quest for manuals- I too am looking for them.

Thanks man I just finished wet sanding the gel coat and damn does it look good! I recomend doing the same thing to yours if it need it. If you need help feel free to pm me or email me. I am doing a full restore come fall including, steering console, carpet, floor, seats, ect.....

Like I said check my post on BBC for weekly updates on my sanding and polishing. Hey by the way post up some pics with your post!

bford88

Recruit

Nice boat. I am missing the sticker that tells the max hp and numbe rof people. Not a big deal but the Utah fish cops can get exicted at times. Does anybody know where I can get a new sticker? I think it would satisfy even if I could get a clear picture of one from another Dyna Trac.

How do you wet sand? Does the boat need to be repainted after sanding?

Thanks,

httrdd007

Cadet

Nice boat. I am missing the sticker that tells the max hp and numbe rof people. Not a big deal but the Utah fish cops can get exicted at times. Does anybody know where I can get a new sticker? I think it would satisfy even if I could get a clear picture of one from another Dyna Trac.

How do you wet sand? Does the boat need to be repainted after sanding?

Thanks,

Nope after you wet sand you just buff and polish! I have her looking like glass just by doing 1000 grit, 1200 grit, and 1500 grit. I am going to do the buffing and polishing before I put her in the water next week. If you want to resore the finish and make it last for a while then do it, it is worth the effort! You can see the before pics up on my first post on here!

These are just after the wet sand! This is from my full restoration thread. After this fall I am tearing out everything and making her better than new!
http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread/378062-new-guy-restoring-bass-boat

reflectionafterwetsand.jpg

reflectionafterwetsand2.jpg

After using 3M perfect-it rubbing compound.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDEtMjAwOTA0MDktMTU0O.jpg

Polished using 3m finish.
utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDYtMjAwOTA0MTMtMTg1N.jpg

httrdd007

Cadet

Wow that almost looks like a wooden boat! Nice setup! What pound thrust are you running on your TM? I have a thruster and it does nothing for me in the wind!

bec1456

Cadet

httrdd007 Would it be possible to get a couple of pictures of the topside of your gunwales.
I also have a 86 180ss but it looks like I might be missing some chrome rails and rubber scrub pads. Thanks.

httrdd007

Cadet

httrdd007 Would it be possible to get a couple of pictures of the topside of your gunwales.
I also have a 86 180ss but it looks like I might be missing some chrome rails and rubber scrub pads. Thanks.

Sure thing I will have them some time this week for you!

Relaxed427

Cadet

Hey guys!

I switched out my prop to a 13 3/4 x 15in pitch. Coupled with the Evinrude 110hp I get 40mph GPS at 5800 rpm. And the hole shot is awesome. I think I could get some more speed with a 17 pitch, but the 19 I had on lugged the motor way down, and resulted in a crappy holeshot and top speed of 38mph.

You guys with the huge pitches and fast top speed- is your hole shot still decent? And I am guessing but it seems like you have more torque available from your engines- is that what allows you to run the higher pitch props?

Anyways- I need to find the bilge pump- I have no idea where is is located, but it does not work. I have 12v to the switch though too.

Thanks.

87 180ss w a 115 hp merc. 1150 inline. I love this boat, as old as they are they always get looks, and they are very nice for fishing off of. Mine barely rocks while trolling with two people moving around. An d when its just me its like its on a trailer.

Since these pics I have painted the trailer and put on new rims and tires. (loadstar.com) 2 14" white painted rims and 14" inch 3 ply tires delivered to my door for $180.00 in 2 days.

If anyone can help me with posting the pics into the body of the message, I could use some guidance. Tried to link it to my myspace pics but could not. These little ones are all they allow you to attach,

Love These dynatraks, great looking boats.

Attachments

• on trailer 620280.jpg
    on trailer 620280.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2
  • rear620280.jpg
    rear620280.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IM000505620280.jpg
    IM000505620280.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 4

love that color, never saw it before, heres mine , 180ss red and black. Nice boat.

Attachments

• IM000505620280.jpg
    IM000505620280.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0

h.l hunley

Cadet

hey there dyna traks!! Ive owned my 1983 dyna-trak 162 bass boat for 4 years now. its my 4th boat since 1980 and with out a doubt my favorite.I lucked in to this one, the previous owner took very good care of it and stored it in his garage.people dont believe me when I tell them the year of the boat!! besides that the craftsmanship and ride of this boat is great.Ive been replacing wore out parts and wiring on the trailer and some minor stuff on the boat. I will post some pictures next time(my wife will half to show me)just wondering what state you dyna- trak owners are from. I am from louisville,ky

brandonsb22

Seaman

Nice to see some activity here, and see more pictures of these fine water crafts. To tell you the truth you hardly see real fish and ski around, even more rare around my part, Luling Texas/Central Texas. I have seriously lucked out on this boat. I have been around boats here and there all my life, this is my first. I knew what I wanted and waited for it. I purchased my 83 Ebbtide Dynatrak FS for $4K. the previous owner had it for over 12 years and told me that it had been completely restored right before he purchased it. It is well used but still gets head turns, on and off the water. I am fortunate enough to have one of the best outboards ever made; 77 Evinrude V4; and I havent had any moderate or major problems so far. My TM is a old Bill Dance 45lbs. Thrust 12v. It struggles in moderate and heavy wind but is fine for me. I will post newer pictures soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.