• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Ebbtide Dyna-Trak Owners

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Ebbtide Dyna-Trak Owners

I recently purchased a 1999 Dyna Trak 160SS with a 90hp Mercury 2-stroke. Both the boat and the outboard are in great condition. I have done a little electrical work (added a battery gauage)and replaced the fish finder. I am waiting on a couple of ordered parts for the engine to complete my work and get out on the water. A brief sea trial prior to purchase had the boat comfortably up to 45mph with two aboard. I expect to use it mostly for fishing. It has great lines and is very well built from all the research I have been able to do on it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations! You have a very nice boat. I love the lines of the Ebbtide.

I am not far off from launching for the first time. I have been working on my boat for nearly 5 months now. I have just about redone everything including the trailer. The only thing I lack is the two front panels for Trolling Motor, Aerator, etc. I have e-mailed Ebbtide, but no response.

They are still usable, but the plastic is getting brittle. I would like to replace them. Keep us posted on your sea trials.

Again, great looking boat.

Comment

All nice boats. I love my 1986 Ebbtide. Keep the posts coming

Comment

HI Fellow dyna-trak owners, hopefully there's some of ya still out there. I just got a 1985 dyna 176 ss 18 ft, with a 115 hp evinrude. Needs some work, but I think ill have her on the water in about a month, mainly interior work, floor will come this fall, never done it before, so could use some advice. I'll attempt to try to figure out how to post some pics for you. Happy boating

Comment

Still a few of us running around I have an '81 with a Johnson 150 i just finished rebuilding last week. Still working on the floor where the PO covered up the ski well.

Comment

Congrats on the rebuild. Still a ways to go on mine, replacing carpet right now, then seats. I'm getting really impatient, I wanna see what this boat can do. From everything I've read about the dyna boats, they seem like they have a bright future. Heck I love it already and haven't even been in the water yet.

Comment

I launched mine yesterday for it's maiden voyage. It performed great. I did not get it over 4200 RPM, the water was rough due to a lot of jet ski's and skiers. The wind didn't help any either. The boat took a pretty good pounding, but is very stable.

One thing I noticed is that when you hit a wave the boats hell design
                throws the water away from the boat. You don't get drenched like you do in some boat. Mine is a single console without a windscreen.

I checked every thing out and all was ok. I don't know how fast it will run at full throttle, but at 4200 it seems like it is moving very well.

I am looking forward to pictures of your progress. I will post some pics taken just before I went to lake.

Good Luck

Jim
                Diana, Texas

Comment

Just picked up a dyna trak 150 in near mint condition.Just needs a little TLC and it will be ready.Looks like we have a pretty good number of owners,this could turn out to be a useful site.Have fun with your toys!

Comment

Congratulations, Rudy. I purchased a 1985 179 DynaTrak in January 2010. Just made it's maiden voyage last Saturday. Mine required a lot of work, over 400 hours, but it was worth it. I love DynaTraks.

Post pics of your boat and give us some details.

Comment

Hey guy's. Well, my progress on my dyna 176 is a slow going do to the fact of time in a day, but I do have the new carpet in, got tires and rims ordered, so next thing will be seats. anyways, I'm going to hopefully get some pics on here soon. This 115 hp evinrude that's on this boat, what would you suggest as far as a new prop for it. Thanks

Comment

I have a '78 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 176 and could really use some help with a few odds and ends. It has a 150hp 2 cycle outboard evanrude on it. i Need to hook up my tach and find the idle screw on the engine. If anyone has some information or knows where to find a good manual, please let me know. Thanks, Joe.

Comment

Hi there Joe, man id like to help you out but I'm new to this world, and not mechanically inclined at all. As far as a manual, id search around here on iboats should be able to find something. Well as far as my dyna, I thought I had the carpet on its way and done, but my luck that's not the case. On the main floor I ripped the carpet up and it taking up parts of the floor with it, so I started to rip the floor out, I have No clue what I'm doing, but I'm giving it a shot, one Question I have is what and where are the stringers. Any other help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

Comment

Hey guys, I got a steal on a 1985 Dyna Trak, believe its a 176ss. Will post pics soon, been doing a lot of interior work. Got a 120 Evinrude on it, having a confusing time with the motor, its running great but theres a red switch on a cylinder below the carburetor, wondering if anyone knows anything about these motors. Been having a little oil injection trouble, been expirimenting back and forth with oil injection and pre mixing. Also, anyone know where I could get an original style bimini top for it? Hardware and canvas, the stock one is long gone. Pictures coming soon, go Dyna Trak!

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase. I own a 1985 DynaTrak 179, 18' bass boat with a 150 Yamaha.

I disconnected my oil injection and am mixing. I am just a little leary of the oil injection system that's 25 years old. My motor is a 1985 model. I just mix 50:1, add the necessary Marine Stabil, Yamaha Ring free and for a couple of tanks some SeaFoam. It cleans the carbs.

Now I don't have to worry about whether the engine is getting enough oil or not.

They are great boats built by a long standing company with a great reputation.

Again, congratulations and keep us posted and post those pics.

Comment

Hey everybody, im back with the pics and definite specs. Its a 1985 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 162 S/S with a 1985 Evinrude V4 120

Comment

Working...
                                X