Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
[h=2]1969 Howard Drag Boat With Trailer [/h] http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/5129907516.html

This boat is a project. She needs a new home. The bones are good. The hull is fiberglass and in very good shape.
She needs some TLC and will be the beauty she once was when this is done.

V-Train but no motor. Trailer has some rust, is solid and also needs some TLC. Needs new tires,

both for 4500.00

00x0x_8RgqaFOgC9o_600x450.jpg
00X0X_aD6qHEqsnPf_600x450.jpg

00x0x_3lB1475DdCa_600x450.jpg
00T0T_6H36KQgl5zu_600x450.jpg

Wow, You could have this classic in your garage for only 4500.00!!!!

998cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You can accentuate the "Drag" in the description. I'll bet she ran great the last time she was on the water as opposed to being full of water.

998cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
http://yubasutter.craigslist.org/boa/5129848338.html

The ad speaks for itself: :)

Only $300 THIS WEEK ONLY!!!!

Im selling my 18ft Enterprise tri-hual boat and trailer because I'm moving and need the $$ and space. Once this boat gets a little TLC she will run like a champ! V8 Volvo motor.

NEEDS:
Shift Cable.
tune up and battery.

(NO PAPER WORK ON BOAT OR TRAILER).

Inside is all demoed out and ready for new interior and seats. (I thought it only needed a tune-up and shift cable?)
NEEDS TO GO ASAP!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
My God, that is an ugly boat, we have a couple of those around here! A stick of dynamite while it is tied up at the dock comes to mind!

:rolleyes:

Tnstratofam

Commander
We have a member on here who is resto modding a tri hull very similar to that one. It is Project Fuggly and it is being redone by archbuilder. His I believe will turn out very cool, but that one would need allot of work. Ofcourse his did as well in tne begining.

Last edited:

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
http://yubasutter.craigslist.org/boa/5129848338.html

The ad speaks for itself: :)

Only $300 THIS WEEK ONLY!!!!

Im selling my 18ft Enterprise tri-hual boat and trailer because I'm moving and need the $$ and space. Once this boat gets a little TLC she will run like a champ! V8 Volvo motor.

NEEDS:
Shift Cable.
tune up and battery.

(NO PAPER WORK ON BOAT OR TRAILER).

Inside is all demoed out and ready for new interior and seats. (I thought it only needed a tune-up and shift cable?)
NEEDS TO GO ASAP!

I'd give him $5 for that brand new tounge jack on the trailer.....

Government cheese

Seaman Apprentice
Found this gem on Craigslist

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/boa/5137141168.html Nice boat for a cheap price
Will sell the trailer with the boat for $450.00 and the OMC Stern Drive for $200.00. , a 1984 Chris & Craft boat. Motor doesn't work, could possible be fixed? Email me and lets make the deal and I will answer any questions.
Mod EDIT: email address removed

If nothing else this project you could work on this winter for next Summer******************************************** **************!
The trailer is heavy duty+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. As far as I know the boat does not leak.

AKA-Big D

"Nice boat... Except it has trees growing out of it, and all the upholstery needs replaced from what I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I don't know what is worse, someone trying to sell a car, truck or a boat and not including pictures, or someone including really bad pictures!

:eek:

64osby

Admiral
^^^ I find I will not even open an adv if it doesn't have pictures. Bad pics is just poor marketing, but can lead to a better deal for the buyer.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
This was a beautiful boat when it was new.
Sad, very sad.

That boat has been floating around Craiglist for a couple of years now, I looked at it 2 years ago on my way back to Portland, OR right before my Mother passed away. It is going to take a lot of work to get it back in shape to use on the lake or the river.