Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For sale I have a homemade fiberglass canoe. It is 13.5 feet long and has 2 drywells. Asking $100 or trade for an electric trolling motor. If you have any questions, please call Tom at
show contact info
I cannot answer texts.
00f0f_gXhPcyvhOvk_600x450.jpg

" If you have any questions, please call Tom at"

I don't know where to begin ...:mullet:

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm tempted to call him and ask "WTF were you thinking when you built that thing?!?!"

roffey

Commander
You can see the canoe is not really homemade, the lines of canoe are still there. Looks like the owner had heavily modified the canoe and now realizes it is completely useless and totally unsafe to the point it probably floats beater upside down than right side up and what is that thing in the middle, a fire baffle?

Tnstratofam

Commander
For sale I have a homemade fiberglass canoe. It is 13.5 feet long and has 2 drywells. Asking $100 or trade for an electric trolling motor. If you have any questions, please call Tom at
show contact info
I cannot answer texts.
00f0f_gXhPcyvhOvk_600x450.jpg

I don't know where to begin ...:mullet:

I know where to begin. Someone needed a boat reso/mod intervention! That thing looks So Skechy. I personally like the 4 inch PVC sponsons attached to the sides. That will make her stable in the water.... NOT!!!:facepalm:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Maybe somebody could buy that to go over Niagara Falls... Yea that's the ticket... :violin: :help:

jbcurt00

Staff member
You guys got it all wrong...

Those pvc side tubes arent sponsons.... they're torpedo tubes :)
argh... gimme yar ship ya scurvy dog or i'll sink yas ...argh

Apparently the pirate in my head is from jersey :facepalm:

Pods for rocket propulsion system? Saves having to do all that pesky paddling....

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yeah, Lanier..... its in Georgia.. might be an interesting place to waste a day. Never heard of anyone having a good experience w them...

Tnstratofam

Commander
Yeah they have a yard full of hulls in various states of rot. They're real proud of them too! They actually have a Stratos just like ours minus the interior, the outdrive, the manifolds, any solid wood, but they do have the shifter lever I need. I can pick up the whole rotten mess for a measely $900 dollars.:facepalm:

(Edit) They've incresed the price on the Stratos and listed it as a "Mechanics Special" new price is $1250 dollars.:eek::faint2:

Seriously over priced!!!!

Last edited: