Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
The trailer is worth what I am asking for both. The trailer is a Dilly with bearing buddies on both sides. I do have a CLEAR TITLE TO THE BOAT.

Well, maybe if he had a title for the trailer. But the boat takes away any value the trailer might have anyway.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
1968 Evinrude Sportsman 120 I/O

This might be a collectable someone would want to put money into.

00j0j_cdFfMiEWTmQ_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ah yes, the deep v tri-hull. That's what I have, although mine is a gas guzzling V8 Cobalt. Lots of character, but this one looks to be a money pit according to the pictures! That dude belongs in advertising!

tallcanadian

Captain
Ah yes, the deep v tri-hull. That's what I have, although mine is a gas guzzling V8 Cobalt. Lots of character, but this one looks to be a money pit according to the pictures! That dude belongs in advertising!

Good looking beast. It looks huge. Not much gas savings there.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
IMG_1762_small.jpg I have a hydrocycle! Haven't gotten it in the water yet though!

Last edited:

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
I can't tell if it's fun or dangerous! Love the photo where the guy and girl are sailing through the air!

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
image_41692.jpg image_111979.jpg It's rated for a 35hp. That one for sale is over powered. I'm hoping it's fun! But have not got it in the water yet. Manufactured in 1968.

Attachments

• Wave riding2.jpg
    Wave riding2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Kinda like a jet ski prototype... That's super cool. I bet it'd tick off the rangers on the "no jet ski" lakes! :pound:

Tnstratofam

Commander
What's so strange about this add is that the picture is of my boat. In fact it is a picture I took myself, and have posted here on iboats. Not sure how I feel about it...

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/4920322735.html

Oh, it's not my add, I don't know the poster.

I guess you could look at as a form of flattery. Either they liked your boat so much they want one just like it, or they're hoping you'll see the ad and feel sad for them and let them have your boat for their meager $3000 dollar budget. You know after your finished with it of course.:rolleyes:

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I guess you could look at as a form of flattery. Either they liked your boat so much they want one just like it, or they're hoping you'll see the ad and feel sad for them and let them have your boat for their meager $3000 dollar budget. You know after your finished with it of course.:rolleyes:

LOL. I contacted the add poster and he apologized and removed the photo of my boat. I told him no harm done and wished him luck on his search for a boat, and I was kinda flattered :).

64osby

Admiral
^^^ They did list a $30,000 budget. Pic has been pulled. It must feel strange to see your boat posted in some other persons listing.