Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Okay,...

It ebay and not c-list,...

But kind of funny,.....

It'll buff right out,............Right???

jbcurt00

Staff member
Okay,...

It ebay and not c-list,...

But kind of funny,.....

It'll buff right out,............Right???
Fortunately, I'm a lot of things, and the Admiral will occasionally call me new and interesting things, but THANK GOD, I am NOT THAT guy:
Seller Notes: ?Boat has fire damage, no motors, no trailer. 2014 ranger z520c. Object for restoring for someone who deals with stuff like that.?

tallcanadian

Captain
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-mot...ationFlag=true

This is a cool find. It's actually a 1975 model but awesome motor. Never been used.
$_20.JPG

Last edited:

dwco5051

Commander
Fortunately, I'm a lot of things, and the Admiral will occasionally call me new and interesting things, but THANK GOD, I am NOT THAT guy:
I have to admit that I took time to study the pictures and think about it. I am almost that guy.

64osby

Admiral
[h=2]1991 52' Pontoon TITLE only - $300 (XXXXXX)[/h] Have clear title for 52' pontoon boat. $300 obo. If your restoring or building a boat and need a title
text me at xxx

Saw this posted today. Pretty sure that's not to kosher.

Maclin

Admiral
All I can say about this one is wow

From the ad...:
"10.9 basstender boat with seats bought 2 years ago and never have had time to put in water."

BUT they had time to load it up with all that junk I see... lol.

Fhenry

Cadet
I recently spent 3+ months looking at boats on CL that were "mint", "Like new", "turn key", etc. After driving quite a bit to look at some I was very pissed.

Some had duct tape'd upholstery, bellows ripped in 2, significant chunks missing out of gelcoat, mismatched tires/rims, etc.

2 had "no paperwork" but apparently that's ok nowadays.... Who really registers a boat trailer anyway??

When I asked 1 guy if his boat was FI or Carb'd he asked me "how would you tell that"..... Same guys that swears he maintained everything to the max.

I tell you I about lost total faith in humanity after these last 3 months. I ended up finding a cream puff from a guy in a neighboring state, but it was a needle in a haystack.

P.S. I noticed that cars with 100,000mi, according to CL sellers anyway, are now considered "Low miles"

64osby

Admiral
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/4873071476.html
[h=2]nice boat!!$2750 obo - $2750 (Rockford)[/h] good looking boat took it in on trade runs and will drive it is winterized now needs a good cleaning

But you might need something else... Like

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/4879089112.html
[h=2]buyer be weare nice boat!!$2750 obo - $2750 (Rockford) - $1 (greenville)[/h] i have the tittle to the boat till the deal is done if you get the boat from this guy itll caust you 120 for the title
thanks rocky...any questions call or text

Tnstratofam

Commander
So does that mean you should negotiate for the title first? Or buy the boat and then negotiate with the other guy for the title?:confused:

What a moron.:facepalm: Or maybe the first guy thinks we're all morons.:D

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/4873071476.html
[h=2]nice boat!!$2750 obo - $2750 (Rockford)[/h] good looking boat took it in on trade runs and will drive it is winterized now needs a good cleaning

Boat is "winterized" all right. It has a foot of snow on the seats. Could be that the first guy is just trying to save a few bucks by not transferring the titles to himself; but Rocky doesn't seem to think much of that idea.

adamjr

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

If I had been drinkingsomething I would have spit it out through my nose when I saw the price and the description here. I believe they need a scosche more than cleanup and minor repairs. Something tells me that he isn't getting an overwhelming response. For your comedic pleasure and thorough review:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/boa/4878482639.html [h=2]Cobra 17ft & Steury 15ft Boats - $500 (Momence)[/h] Try to clean up my Dads toys he left for us.
17 ft Cobra Ski Boat with 115 HP chrysler Brute Force OutBoard w/Trailer
$1700.00 OBO
15 ft Steury Run About Boat with 65 HP Evonrute OutBoard w/Trailer.
$500.00 firm...

These are well below retail selling price. Both need cleanup and minor repairs. Leave me a name and number if interested. I do not reply by email,sorry..

Attachments

• photo215275.jpg
    photo215275.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo215277.jpg
    photo215277.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0

Tnstratofam

Commander
Yeah that'l buff right out...... NOT!!!

I'm sure they think their asking price is well within market value of good clean used boats.:facepalm: