Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Okay now that is interesting. I had to do a double take when I read the ad though. " original owner comes with trailer and twin 35 hp engines " I thought "Um is he in an earn in the boat somewhere? " When I looked at it again and my brain slowed down it made sense.:facepalm:

" Been in dry dock for at least 43 years bought new in 1957 original owner comes with trailer and twin 35 hp engines boat was made in Ipswich Mass this is in an estate, price is firm include your phone number and be patient "

That would be a nice restoration project. Really cool with the twin 35's

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
fetch

That does look like it might be interesting if it were refinished, but not 2k worth.[/QUOTE

I agree, kinda cool, but maybe not 2K cool. Is it rat-boat-rod?

Last edited:

rotozuk

Seaman Apprentice
I see neat and worthy projects all the time in the boat section of CL. We could easily start a thread of just cool looking potential project boats.

With the Sacramento Delta near by, I see a ton of neat old 50s to 60s wooden boats coming up for what appears to be reasonable money, and they are floating in the water no less. Not some old boat that has been lawn art for the last 20 years. I enjoy looking at the older boats, but would not want to tackle one of these projects. (Most seem to be 25 foot or more cruisers.)

-Wayne

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
another one with 'rare' in the description:

Very rare mopar muscle boat. 340 with volvo outdrive. Heard motor run 10 years ago but oil got milky so i changed it, ran it for a few minutes with no water hooked to it and it's sit since then. I meant to fix it but never did. It's been outside so it will need restoration. Floor's getting soft in spots but hull seems solid. Very cool boat to restore. Trailer will need tires before moving.

00C0C_kHSvHomQeYR_600x450.jpg

01212_kjHfWpECHU4_600x450.jpg

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/4814969876.html

Natesms

Chief Petty Officer
ex wife and the boy are there at the folks in HD this weekend. Want me to see if they want to take a look-see?
I appreciate the offer, however I think purchasing that would sink my relationship faster than that rig would sink on the open water.

Tnstratofam

Commander
another one with 'rare' in the description:

Very rare mopar muscle boat. 340 with volvo outdrive. Heard motor run 10 years ago but oil got milky so i changed it, ran it for a few minutes with no water hooked to it and it's sit since then. I meant to fix it but never did. It's been outside so it will need restoration. Floor's getting soft in spots but hull seems solid. Very cool boat to restore. Trailer will need tires before moving.

00C0C_kHSvHomQeYR_600x450.jpg

01212_kjHfWpECHU4_600x450.jpg

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/4814969876.html

A few months ago while researching for some info on my Chrysler outboard I ran across a forum dedicated to the restoration of these old Chrysler go fast boats. Their owners are almost as dedicated if not more so than us tin heads. That would be us Starcraft guys for those not in the know. The restored examples were very nice.

Fun Times

Staff member
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/4809338806.html
Volvo/Cobra dx duoprop plates - Removed professionally from a 2001 26 Chaparral, the wife burnt the boat. Drive is excellent with stainless f4 props exc. plates like new everything perfect. Engine also available... gsi 5.7 dialed in bench tested. installation available st our super low rate. we dont compete we kick a$$. $75 per hr. Donald "a perris marine"

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
A few months ago while researching for some info on my Chrysler outboard I ran across a forum dedicated to the restoration of these old Chrysler go fast boats. Their owners are almost as dedicated if not more so than us tin heads. That would be us Starcraft guys for those not in the know. The restored examples were very nice.

yeah that rings a bell. It is kinda cool looking.

Tnstratofam

Commander
If you don't like the Hawaiian maybe he'll cut a good deal on the boat in the background of the third pic. It looks like a Starcraft SS, and that would be a good buy for the right price.
[h=2]1979 Hawaiian - $2000 (Hayden Id)[/h]
00u0u_7Cq3Y5XPW6O_600x450.jpg

00o0o_5bpc3bDAJUM_600x450.jpg

01313_iVZ5mvkbwOA_600x450.jpg

? craigslist - Map data ? OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

79 Hawaiian Day crauiser jet boat. 460 Ford,engine is stuck. Berkley jet. Missing the bell. It n