Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
complete with garden and oversized hoola hoop.

https://lexington.craigslist.org/bo.../lexington.craigslist.org/boa/4682887895.html

00z0z_5IChKS1xKoF_600x450.jpg

roffey

Commander
Now that is truly yard art. It comes pre planted with a lovely flower arrangement .... and the hose to water it with.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Not sure this is funny but if the hole in the boat is so easy to fix why doesn't the owner do it then? I guess the love of labor only goes so far for 7500....

https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/4739587282.html

"1959 Duarte inboard V8 Packard engine. Interior of this boat in very good condition. The wood top is in need of sanding and re-varnishing. The hull has a small hole that will need repair before putting in the water. A person who has the skill to sand, paint and varnish would really appreciate this boat. For me it has been a labor of love. I am the 2nd owner. The boat has been stored under cover for the last 6 years."

00k0k_a03boXlhS4N_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
Not sure this is funny but if the hole in the boat is so easy to fix why doesn't the owner do it then? I guess the love of labor only goes so far for 7500....

The first two pictures look at least 30 years old to me. He says the hole in the hull is small, but I suspect it isn't all that easy to to fix. Cool boat though.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah I've seen enough of dads converted slides to know those are old pics. But love the boat style

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
not a project, but was interested in the unique design of the 110 hp Johnson OB

1993 Sunbird Eurosport 19' bowrider powered by a great running 110hp Johnson outboard. The hull and floor is solid and the seats are decent; good galvanized trailer included.

00c0c_8Vvkiy619s7_600x450.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
this one requires some of the posting verbiage be saved

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/4732069659.html

00000_jyGMJRrwsis_600x450.jpg

THIS A OLDER BOAT BY CHRYSLER MARINE ,I HAVE A GOOD TITLE AND OR A BILL OF SALE IF NEEDED, THIS IS A AS IS SALE, THE BOAT NEED TO BE RESTORED, IT HAS BEEN SITTING A LONG TIME ,VANDLES HAS HIT IT FOR THE REDIATOR ,AND OTHER THINGS. THE BOAT 8X24 FT .LONG,AND HAS A 318 MOTOR AND TRANS .I THINK SO, NOT SURE. IT COMES WITH A TANNUM TRAILER ,THAT LOOKS GOOD, NEED TIRES ,TIRES HAS DRY ROTTED ,FROM SITTING. FILL FREE TO COME BY OR CALL

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
not a funny but dam love this little boat and i'm going to be in STL in two weeks. Only $100, would look awesome with a little black motor.

00707_f2yAptCJc8u_600x450.jpg

A collectors dream, has been stored lovingly. So much original intact - chrome, beveled glass windshield, needs some TLC - mainly carpet and seats.

Has original title, motor will be needed - the haul is recommended for 60 hp, no more.

She needs to find a home with somebody who appreciates her one of a kind uniqueness :)A collectors dream, has been stored lovingly. So much original intact - chrome, beveled glass windshield, needs some TLC - mainly carpet and seats.

Has original title, motor will be needed - the haul is recommended for 60 hp, no more.

She needs to find a home with somebody who appreciates her one of a kind uniqueness :)A collectors dream, has been stored lovingly. So much original intact - chrome, beveled glass windshield, needs some TLC - mainly carpet and seats.

She needs to find a home with somebody who appreciates her one of a kind uniqueness :)

tallcanadian

Captain
not a funny but dam love this little boat and i'm going to be in STL in two weeks. Only $100, would look awesome with a little black motor.

00707_f2yAptCJc8u_600x450.jpg

A collectors dream, has been stored lovingly. So much original intact - chrome, beveled glass windshield, needs some TLC - mainly carpet and seats.

She needs to find a home with somebody who appreciates her one of a kind uniqueness :)

Whats a measly 100 bucks. You can do it. It says 60hp but a nice gas sipping Merc 402 would look handsome on the transom.

thumpar

Admiral
not a project, but was interested in the unique design of the 110 hp Johnson OB

1993 Sunbird Eurosport 19' bowrider powered by a great running 110hp Johnson outboard. The hull and floor is solid and the seats are decent; good galvanized trailer included.

00c0c_8Vvkiy619s7_600x450.jpg
They called them quietriders because the outboard cowl was covered under that housing.