Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

well it is Festus...

00f0f_jHpJYKXNKLa_600x450.jpg

Maclin

Admiral

We need to get this entire ad captured. Here is the text for now...:

older 4 winns deck boat - don't laff at the pix - I call them as I see them... :)

I have had some real dickheads make comments who have no idea the value of a real deck boat - it can hold over ten people who can fish comfortably at the same time.!!

The interior has some extra bits &pieces in it besides the weeds growing since it was parked about 4 years ago, ie: trailer fenders, etc

The trailer I was going to make into a car trailer but......

A contractor was moving some gravel where the boat is parked & sideswiped it. Bent one axle/wheel, broke one wheel assy clean off & made a six inch cut in the starboard side of the boat hull.

ALL are fixable.................. especially at this price.

The motor is a six cylinder Mercruiser (chevy). properly tuned up the chevy straight six should make this boat "fly" across the lake !!

The out drive is gone but.....My neighbor had the same boat some years back & somehow kept his spare out drive when he sold his boat. I imagine he still has it as he is about as "organized" as I am..

I'm sure it can be had for not too much $$$.

I only have an outdated registration for the boat from the previous owner but have no problem giving you a bill of sale for my interest in it. Also, I have no registration for the trailer - it will be a "homemade". Bill of sale also.

I can get someone to clean up the boat for you cheaply, on your nickel - it needs a good powerwashing too.

But, a good cleanup & some compound & wax will do wonders for the hull.

if you have any foresight you can see what it can be - a Deckboat is normaly very expensive due to their practicality. Great for family & friends & better yet for fishing.!!

I think most parts are there for the engine re: accessories, carb. distributor, etc.
The starter was missing when I got it & I bought a new one off ebay. I will sell it for what I paid for it - just have to find where I put it.

I have worked out of town for the past 12 years soooooo...

give me a call & we'll talk.. I can sell it separately, just the boat hull if you want to put an outboard motor on it. ?/ I'll work with you.

*** photos of items that don't look like a DECK BOAT may be other items I have for sale. ***

Maclin

Admiral

Pics from that ad...:

00A0A_9cJE3XaKyPU_600x450.jpg
00u0u_gDNLEg3xLP5_600x450.jpg
00H0H_etSOe0JZPSx_600x450.jpg
00r0r_61ggBNWAFsY_600x450.jpg
00a0a_9qbb5NjhvSI_600x450.jpg
00w0w_2ooX9t3pDkv_600x450.jpg
01313_58UFSq47s4T_600x450.jpg
01414_eJzOwYQhjmb_600x450.jpg
00707_dqKoks0SHrT_600x450.jpg

Ad text revisited...;

[h=2]deck boat 22' ? older but still solid 4 winns - $234 (queensbury)[/h]
older 4 winns deck boat - don't laff at the pix - I call them as I see them... :)

I have had some real dickheads make comments who have no idea the value of a real deck boat - it can hold over ten people who can fish comfortably at the same time.!!

The interior has some extra bits &pieces in it besides the weeds growing since it was parked about 4 years ago, ie: trailer fenders, etc

The trailer I was going to make into a car trailer but......

A contractor was moving some gravel where the boat is parked & sideswiped it. Bent one axle/wheel, broke one wheel assy clean off & made a six inch cut in the starboard side of the boat hull.

ALL are fixable.................. especially at this price.

The motor is a six cylinder Mercruiser (chevy). properly tuned up the chevy straight six should make this boat "fly" across the lake !!

The out drive is gone but.....My neighbor had the same boat some years back & somehow kept his spare out drive when he sold his boat. I imagine he still has it as he is about as "organized" as I am..

I'm sure it can be had for not too much $$$.

I only have an outdated registration for the boat from the previous owner but have no problem giving you a bill of sale for my interest in it. Also, I have no registration for the trailer - it will be a "homemade". Bill of sale also.

I can get someone to clean up the boat for you cheaply, on your nickel - it needs a good powerwashing too.

But, a good cleanup & some compound & wax will do wonders for the hull.

if you have any foresight you can see what it can be - a Deckboat is normaly very expensive due to their practicality. Great for family & friends & better yet for fishing.!!

I think most parts are there for the engine re: accessories, carb. distributor, etc.
The starter was missing when I got it & I bought a new one off ebay. I will sell it for what I paid for it - just have to find where I put it.

I have worked out of town for the past 12 years soooooo...

give me a call & we'll talk.. I can sell it separately, just the boat hull if you want to put an outboard motor on it. ?/ I'll work with you.

*** photos of items that don't look like a DECK BOAT may be other items I have for sale. ***

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
^^^ really?^^^ Everyone would like someone to pay a couple hundred bucks to haul their garbage off. Make no mistake that is nothing but a heap of garbage.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Wow. I was going to say "this is my favorite part" of the ad, but the whole thing is hilarious

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
"Even the trailer needs a trailer!!". That's gotta be one of the best quotes yet!

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My favorite part is at the very bottom. "*** photos of items that don't look like a DECK BOAT may be other items I have for sale. ***"

Tnstratofam

Commander
I want to see how bad his neighbors place is. You know just in case I wanted an out drive.:facepalm:

boomer2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Good grief..that deck boat for sale has got to be one of the funniest CL ads I've ever seen. Thanks for posting it lol.