Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

jbcurt00

Staff member
GA Boater, JB passed away 3 weeks ago.

i do believe GA was addressing jbcurt
Yes he was, it should have been evident from GA's post, right after mine:
Here's the ad: http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/boa/4701109437.html

Yeah, living in a rental and trying to rehab a boat in the driveway can be tough........................

It's been a while since I checked out this topic. You guys are working hard to keep me out. :lol: Floating picnic tables, Seal Team 5 3/4 assault craft and a delivered Sea Sprite with a head no Admiral would use - No Captain either.

JB - It's a good thing you linked the Dallas Glastron. I was about to mistakenly remind Jonvee about Rule 8. :facepalm: Sorry JV.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
arrrrggg...

00D0D_ayvY87sq9Yr_600x450.jpg

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/boa/4703234568.html

needs motor work . Low compression! Engine coolant system worth $2k , Great trailer Galvanized 2004 Pacific. This trailer is worth the $3999 , Needs cosmedics like cushins. Both boat and trailer . $3,999 GARY

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander
the missing pontoon for the picnic table swim ladder pontoon boat!

That wound keep us drunks from falling in and drowning! :lol:

phillyg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Come on now, that boat looks very restorable. A few pieces of mahogany, some caulking and paint and it'll be just like new.

roffey

Commander
That someone would let a boat like this rot in the woods is truly amazing, and he admits he did this to that beautiful boat.

jboehm

Cadet
As long as I have been lurking here I can't believe I missed this thread. I have been looking for a boat for about two months(this time around) and it is the same story. Lots of junk for lots of money. I frequently read the Houston Craigslist ads and it is a reoccurring theme. No titles, no trailer registration. Some have only one soft in the floor, never mind the stringers are rotted beneath the floor. Ads that read Fantastic condition only to get there and it hasn't run in years, but it shouldn't take too much to get it running. RIGHT! "Titles are easy to get." Really? Then why don't you get it and make it easier to sell and get more money for it? Okay, rant off.