Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
I would love to be a fly on the wall when this guy gets inspected from the local water patrol, or better yet Coast Guard.

Ad should read - A jet ski bolted to a jeep with two surf boards and some PVC pipe glued on to try and get it to float. Then I bolted an $800 outboard motor to the back, now you pay me $10,000

thumpar

Admiral
I would love to be a fly on the wall when this guy gets inspected from the local water patrol, or better yet Coast Guard.

Ad should read - A jet ski bolted to a jeep with two surf boards and some PVC pipe glued on to try and get it to float. Then I bolted an $800 outboard motor to the back, now you pay me $10,000
Why would someone do that?

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
Why would someone do that?

It probably looks kind of funny to see the jeep driving across the water - wheels and all.

But a scrap jet ski + scrap jeep body + old outboard does not add up to $10,000.

Last edited:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Wow....^^ reminds me of the time I pulled into the gas station in my atv. 2 stroke 400. Guy says boy you must have a pretty radical cam in there! All I said was,yup,she really flies!

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/4636816621.html

00U0U_iSfee1AF99j_600x450.jpg
00a0a_c1v7xQmYwYx_50x50c.jpg

Interesting whale tail and top structure.

roffey

Commander
That's what he has his boat hitched to so it don't get away and at 6k its very valuable....

roffey

Commander
Here in Canada boat registration is easy to do and you don't need the previous registration. Just send in a form to Transport Canada and include the hull ser# and they send you the registration as long as it has not been reported stolen.

merkurfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
In MN some are titled and some are not but they all have to be registered with the DNR to be in the water, and you need that registered owner to sign off on the sale. Financing and size are usually the driver for that but not always. I was using the term title in a general sense which is not correct, what I should have said is "why people buy boats without the proper paperwork is beyond me".

I have registered old boats with nothing but a bill of sale I made up with the hull ID and any MN numbers on the side... I had no clue who they where registered to and they went right through.

these where old mid 70's and older boats.. 500-1000 dollar jobs..

The state does not really seem to care. same with old trailers you can't make out the SN on.. no problem, we'll register it home made.