Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
that looks like a clean boat!! trailer looks great! has mooring covers all around..paint looks great.....no title can be a pain... and the manifolds bad......but how much boat does a guy think he can get for $800??????????????????

​The Illinois DNR has a program that will assist the buyer of a boat with Illinois numbers that is missing the title. Just go to the Illinois DNR website and look it up.

bansil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
TN does not issue titles for boats, motors, or trailers. A bill of sale and the boats valid registration numbers are all you have. The registration doee not have to be current. if you bring in a boat from a state with a title TN does not issue you a new one so it's actually pretty easy to register a non titled boat here. Our Starcraft came from VA and even though I had a signed title when I went to register it the court clerk only wanted to see the bill of sale.

I work in piney flats and live in Johnson county, so we are neighbors haha, went to register a 13ft boat with bill of sale....easy peezy, right? Wrong!

She said since TN, didn't issue titles that bill of sale needed to be notarized...wtf?

She said "we need proof that the buyer is really you"

Well...ugh..you just redid my drivers license, to say veteran? Won't that work?

"No honey, sorry i don't know if you really bought the boat"

I was like...wow....okay how do i fix this?

"Get a notary to notarize that you are you"

Wtf?

Does it matter what state the notary is from?

"Nope"

So i had to go to Boone,NC for dr appointment, and stopped at mailbox place....dude lol and said no problem, seen it before

$5 later i was gtg, stopped at court house and 5 min. Later i had paid my tax and was registered to the county. .... $35 Later TWA...had a snail mail on the way

Oh? What was original post about? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Funny ad,...........

Kind of a sexy little boat,.....If only I wanted a project,.....

Tnstratofam

Commander
Apparently someone decided they wanted to haul off that Larson. The ad has already been deleted.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Not so sure anyone will wan to haul this scow off for full asking... [h=2]95 Crownline - bad shape - $10000 [/h]
00q0q_dcx5aAbqoov_600x450.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Find the best feature of the Crownline.

00T0T_d4j7A7K7Lqu_600x450.jpg

Hint, it's in the walk-thru. LOL

jbcurt00

Staff member
Wow! I need that garbage can.... Does it have a trailer?

Garbage can?

What about the huge stock pot in the pix @ bottom right?

Oil, no matter the weight, simply helps make the Jambalaya stick to ye ribs

09TNRT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I literally just fell out laughing at work on that one. I found one very similar to that about an old z28 camaro about a year ago.