Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Any time you read "a project boat", just run away from it. The cost to FIX it back to anything that would even float would be more then you will ever get back out of it, and that's a fact, jack!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Any time you read "a project boat", just run away from it. The cost to FIX it back to anything that would even float would be more then you will ever get back out of it, and that's a fact, jack!

Yeah so there's the debate that will rage on forever. Buy new for 60k or use a nearly free shell to build your own for 6k or buy someones problem for 6k and use it until it breaks, leave it under a tree and sell on CL years later for 600.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Yeah so there's the debate that will rage on forever. Buy new for 60k or use a nearly free shell to build your own for 6k or buy someones problem for 6k and use it until it breaks, leave it under a tree and sell on CL years later for 600.

for a fiberglass boat, that hull would have to be something special....some design that was sooo much better than the others....because ripping up a fiberglass floor and pulling wet foam out and re-doing...is a monumental task..... aluminum boats are soo much easier

Maclin

Admiral
I see sooooo many of these.....rotted interior, no motor , no trailer....and they want MONEY for them... this is a 30 year old POS.... I wonder if he has any idea the work just to shoe horn it onto a trailer where it sits.... so someone can haul it home and put $5000 into it to make it a $2000 boat!!!!!!

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/boa/6036319382.html

"[FONT=&quot]Hull seems to be water tight." cause it has about 800 gallons in it now and no seepage...:lol:[/FONT]

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
It's a free boat with a 470. Might be worth it to someone if the motor isn't total junk. Maybe? :rolleyes:

couldn't he have taken a picture of anything else, or even SOMETHING else??????? not just the little tag with the motor specs on it....the one without a starter!!!!!!!!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
here is a nice scam. I've flagged in a couple cities today. I found a real add I think in WI on boattrader.

[FONT=&quot]17ft fishing boat in excellent shape 2001 Starcraft Marine Super Fisherman 176 DC fishing boat runs great new impeller last year, Little boy trailer all new tires bearings and bearing buddies brand-new spare it is in excellent shape i am the one owner,clean title.Sell boat for personal reasons , I need money urgently , for who is really interested last price is $2,000 ,Pray and offer seriously

00X0X_4LLuWw7iBgW_600x450.jpg
[/FONT]

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
there is one going around in the boat accessories section near me.... a 2014 Yamaha 115 four stroke for $1400.........right......one add says $1399....

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
here is a nice scam. I've flagged in a couple cities today

Any time you see an ad for a used boat and there's no registration numbers on it you have to wonder.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I took the registration numbers off my boat when I sold it because it went out of state......

superfets

Petty Officer 2nd Class
2600$ US for a boat that's been winterized and sitting for 5 years wrapped in plastic AND needs a battery! Please! What kind of fools do you think we are!

Cheers and thanks.

superfets

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What really gets me is how he says "I just lost interest in boating." That's where i call BS!

fishrdan

Admiral
I'm guessing this boat is in far better condition than the seller leads us to believe.....

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/6074653337.html

WARNING: NOT FOR THE SHY OR TIMID, IF YOU LOVE TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION, THEN THIS IS THE BOAT FOR YOU. MY 1976 SKV BOAT IS IN 100% NEAR NEW CONDITION. 18 MONTHS IN THE MAKING REFLECTS THE WAY SHE LOOKS TODAY, FROM THE BRAND NEW BBC 454 WITH A SUPERCHARGER CRANKING OUT OVER 750 HORSEPOWER AT ONLY 7% OVER DRIVEN TO THE ORIGINAL GEL COAT THAT SHINES AS GOOD AS THE DAY SHE LEFT THE SHOWROOM FLOOR BACK IN THE DAY. SHES ALSO SPORTING NEW HIGH TECH GAUGES, BRAND NEW CUSTOM UPHOLSTERY, NEW CARPET, HYDRAULIC ENGINE COVER, BRAND NEW STEREO SYSTEM, ITS CRAZY WITH SPEAKERS EVERYWHERE & BASS, LIKE 4 KILLER AMPS, ALL HIDDEN AWAY BUT EASILY ACCESSIBLE, JUST TRULY INSANE, BELOW DECK SEATING OR SLEEPING AREA WITH LOTS OF SPACE, BRAND NEW REBUILT JETOVATOR JET PUMP HANGING OFF THE REAR WITH THE GIZMOS AND GADGETS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE SPORTING THE HIGHEST & FARTHEST ROOSTER TALE EVER SEEN. TO MUCH MORE TO LIST GET AHOLD OF ME AND COME BY AND CHECK IT OUT. TITLES IN HAND FOR THE BOAT AND THE 3 AXLE CUSTOM BUILT TRAILER THAT HAULS HER AROUND. DONT WASTE MY TIME CAUSE I WONT BE WASTING YOURS. CASH ONLY NO PAYPAL, NO LO BALLERS, NO GIMMICKS OR GAMES HIT ME UP 70TWO-5ZERO1-87SIX5

roffey

Commander
I like the ones where the seller does not even take the winter cover off. You just need trust that the seller is honest and a little imagination.