Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I guess this says what we've all been thinking, who the heck buys all this CL garbage? It's dim wits like this that even seek it out.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/boa/6014226521.html [h=2]WTB Nonrunning Wrecked blown up jet ski sea doo seadoo waverunner pwc - $2000[/h]
00a0a_ayL0DKa5KQx_600x450.jpg

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So why are all these ratty boats that haven't been cared for in years all sporting a "fresh rebuild" on the motor?
I like that the "fresh rebuild" "runs great". The registration sticker is from 2008. Wonder when the last time the engine has been run. And the tires are like new! I'm sure the battery just needs a little charge. It's got a "very solid haul", too. "Clean KY tittle in hand". "With new interior this boat could bring $8,000+". No doubt.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Even if you take 2 zeros off the price it would still be too much.

The guy is willing to pay up to $2k for a junk PWC. :crazy: What I don't understand is why when he can buy a running ski for the money. :noidea:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The last pic shows foam under the boat. A mechanic recommending jb weld to fix exhaust manifolds though? Hmmmm

dwco5051

Commander
The guy is willing to pay up to $2k for a junk PWC. :crazy: What I don't understand is why when he can buy a running ski for the money. :noidea:

Note the he wants to buy a specific model for up to $2000. He ends up buying a junker for $250 and now has a title for the one that he stole.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Sounds like the seller doesn't understand the concept of maintenance. Head doesn't work? Pull it out. Motor leaks oil and doesn't start? Use the other one. But it looks fast and is loud, and has a loud stereo so it must be a good boat - for someone else to own. .

Original owner of the boat spoke up on a powerboat facebook page. Shared a bunch of pictures. It was a gorgeous boat when it was new, but it's lived a ROUGH life since then. Apparently spent most of it's post LOTO life on the Mississippi, and has gone under at some point.

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
So, he has a boat sitting in his yard for 20+ years and decides to sell it :facepalm:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well is could be brought back to life. But not without a total tear down and build up with new everything. I think he would be better off asking for anyone to just take it. Without any engine, there is not much there to work with, even for free. But I have seen worst. JMHO