Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Im sure the DEC is just waiting for someone to claim it,... although he did include hull registration number,...that may come back and bite him.

I got the impression, its not even his boat...its just the park manager or a marina employee...."come get this thing out of here".....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
As soon as a salvage operation starts, all the fines and penalties transfer to the new owner, the salvor. What do we always say say about free boats?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Here's some big tin in need of lots of TLC... (I could swear my neighbor owned this 10 years ago, looks in the same condition.)
Looks like a LoneStar or a Crestliner. Not an SC, dont know Lunds.

jbcurt00

Staff member

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Whats not to love
plus a bonus

And the "thickest fiberglass" the seller's ever seen.....

It was listed for months at 8900, and he recently dropped it. A cheap twin motor 30+ foot boat. Nothing to go wrong there, right? I still want it haha.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/6014115552.html

I keep telling myself this is a bad idea. The admiral tells me it's a bad idea. But I still want to go check it out, especially since he's considering trades.

Sounds like the seller doesn't understand the concept of maintenance. Head doesn't work? Pull it out. Motor leaks oil and doesn't start? Use the other one. But it looks fast and is loud, and has a loud stereo so it must be a good boat - for someone else to own. .

roffey

Commander
for me the big problem with that boat, after its all fixed up would be the gas. You would need a nice free credit card just to run it for the weekend.

100 gal fuel tank, ouch.

Last edited: