Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Pusher

Lieutenant
What the :confused:

01010_flOMVN5mp7W_1200x900.jpg

Kind of looks like an air boat

Pusher

Lieutenant
Yeah, I'm sure for $25k you could fix that 42' tug boat if you were selling your primary residence, but man... One strong side-wind and look out.

Interesting idea, owning an imobile boat :)

3400 hours...sheesh

roffey

Commander
three cylinder motor? I think he means runs on three with a spare cylinder just in case.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I think the weeping fuel tank and aft soft deck negate the nice galley. Only 42k and a scant 3400 engine hours... all I can say is good luck unloading that barge.

00505_6H6ET62dWrl_600x450.jpg

With the "weeping" fuel tank and soft teak floor I would guess the boat was not maintained very well, the boat has more problems than what was listed.

crazyinkc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here is a sweet bargain. At first I thought it was an error and they guy forgot to put in the decimal point.

1968 Ranger Bass Boat ~ Original - $20000

I have an original 68 Ranger Bass Boat, It is one of six made in 1968. , It's also legally documented. I have the title, and the VIN plate, and a letter from Ranger Boats stating that it is a 68. Appraised at $15,000.00 Started to restore the boat back to year 68 when it was made. It has a camo paint job on the outside of the boat and there are chips and scratches on the boat and a crack on the inside of the transum but it is still solid. Comes with a white trailer, trailer will come with a bill of sale, no title for it (I think its a 68 trailer but there is not way for me to tell). Will be also listing this on EBAY. Call me with any questions, do not ask in an email. Dave

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/5974355117.html

jbcurt00

Staff member
1968 Camo ranger? All original? 1 of 6 made? Appraised 15K? W a cracked tranaom? Asking $20K? :confused:

Yeah, I doubt all that......

Meth heads can 'own' boats and post to craigs I suppose, but cameras and adding pix is just too much trouble.......

Sounds like a $500 OBO boat....

Tnstratofam

Commander
$3000 for what is likely a total gut and rebuild. With no motor, and some keel repair to boot. Yeah I'm sure some poor inexperienced soul will jump all over that " Go Fast " boat... er mess.. er total project!:facepalm:

Then show up here with

" Hey I just bought this great Starcraft that only nees a little cosmetic work. Can anyone help me put this pile back together thread! "

The seller didn't go any further because they figured out what a mess this thing really is. Now he wants to flip it for some extra coin to put into his next pile. :rolleyes:

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
"Hi there, I have a big pile of junk, with junk on top of that, I'm selling it all for for the low low price of $2500. Come and haul it away!"

24FT TRYTOON WAS GOING TO SET UP WITH 350 CHEVY IN BOARD NEW GAS TANK WELDED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TOON

Sounds like this guy is in the kamikaze business.