Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Reminds me of a Steven Wright joke...I bought batteries the other day, they weren't included, so I bought them again.

Or like buying a pull out radio without the sleeve that gets mounted in the car. Hmmm

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
When you see an add like this, does it ever make you wonder how you get a trolling motor without a mounting bracket? Makes one wonder where it might have come from? Somebody in the neighborhood missing a trolling motor? :noidea:

http://macon.craigslist.org/boa/5781629486.html

Yeah I think the price is a problem too being so far below it's value, you can get arrested for buying stuff like that. I bet his closet is full of hoodies and there's no boat in the driveway, maybe just a couple pitbulls and an old van that doesn't run.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Seems a bit pricey to me for a boat with some plastic wrap hanging on the sides...
4 passenger hovercraft - $17500

00202_8v0GxN7DZrT_600x450.jpg

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I hope the new seats have the "much sought after weather proof bases". Lol. People think their stuff is gold. So he paid 2000 for the new stuff and promised the wife he'd get a quarter of that back with the old seats. It was probably the only way she'd let him get new ones. Someone is going to be sleeping on those old seats for awhile. Lol

Probably thinks the Tachometer rpm is the same as mph :(

Maybe or he did it from his phone and just spaced out and forgot he wrote already wrote 45 and decided high 50s sounds better.

I have had Craigs list boats as my home page for over a year now, I did that hoping that would help me remember to check it often to find something cheap that really did just require some TLC and know how so I could fix use for a wile and sell for more.

Wrong ! It is 99% overpriced junk and of course my favorite "fresh water only" posted by people who live 2 miles from the Gulf and expect people to believe they only used their 20 year old Jet Ski and fishing boat in lakes. "Fresh water only" ya sure !! I LOL every time I read that.

I think I need to change my home page to one of those fitness websites to motivate me for the gym every time I start up the computer instead.

I don't know why Craigs list boats sucks so bad in Florida but it really does.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
Besides his 12500 price typo, $1500 for a 14' boat with no gas motor is pretty steep. Wonder how stable that is with 3 guys on those seats?

Yup, see that a lot.

Guy builds a "bass boat" by putting a platform at the front of a little jon boat. Then sells it after he falls out the first time he tries to use it.

roffey

Commander
IMHO, both ads seem like really good deals. Here in Canada water front property is worth almost what ever you ask. The house boat looks like someone has put some TCL into it and just wants it gone...