Daytona Plastics Hatch - Latch Parts

leisjohn

Seaman Apprentice
Good Afternoon,
Does anyone know where I can purchase the twist lock and fold down latches that would fit hatches made by Daytona Plastics. I'm guessing they have gone out of business because I can't find a listing for them on the internet.

204 Escape

Ensign
Re: Daytona Plastics Hatch - Latch Parts

Sorry, I musta crossed posts with TD. I hve arund here somewhere (in my messof a garage), a old Perko unit with a lock. BUT, the key part is goofed up. I don't know if that can be "re-tumbled" or not.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

I found a distributor in FL that sells the Daytona hatches. I will drop you their contact info later. I do not know if you can just buy the latch.

Alternatively, SeaSwirl boats uses a number of the Daytona parts on their boats. You may be able to order thru a SeaSwirl Dealer.

leisjohn

Seaman Apprentice

I will get a picture tonight and post. it's not like the other latches where you can unscrew the whole unit and replace. The latch consists of the flip down turn handle on top, there is a unit that slides through the hatch. the unit is made up of the locking wedge, ss rod, and spring. Once the wedge unit is inserted you place the handle on it and the is a small pin that goes through the handle and rod to hold it in place. The picture will show it all very clear.

jeffnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Good Afternoon,
Does anyone know where I can purchase the twist lock and fold down latches that would fit hatches made by Daytona Plastics. I'm guessing they have gone out of business because I can't find a listing for them on the internet.

I couldn't find them either...

leisjohn

Seaman Apprentice

Polymer Fabrication does sell the latches. The sales person said they were 14.00 each and they have them in 2 colors.. Thanks for the heads up on this it will save me a bunch on my project..

juan loebel

Recruit

Good Afternoon,

They have them in stock at Polymer Fabrication and the phone number is 386-673-3012

gtschueler

Recruit

Hello,

My name is Gregg Schueler and I work for DPI Marine, Inc. Daytona Plastics was bought out by DPI Marine, Inc back in December of 2008. Here is our website DPI Marine, Inc..

If you have any questions feel free to ask away. I understand how frustrating it can be to find the parts you need, but feel free to shoot me an email if you need help gregg@dpimarineinc.com.

Thanks,
Gregg