Pelican Bass Raider 10E or a Tracker Topper 1232????

Fischer001

Cadet
Hello everyone I am having a problem deciding which boat to go with and maybe someone can help. I am looking at a Pelican Bass Raider 10E OR a Tracker Topper 1232 Jon. Does anyone have any experience with any of these boats? My lake does not allow gas motors so I will be using a good trolling motor. Im also wondering about the stability of both boats. I want to stand up and cast but im not sure if thats an option. Anyone have any suggestions or experience they can share with me. Thank you for the help...

Matt

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Pelican Bass Raider 10E or a Tracker Topper 1232????

i have had a boat, similar to the pelican, did not like it. the tracker is a far more versatile boat. you can rig it the way you want. if you are older like me, i would not do either, as both are somewhat unstable, due to width. i would go with a wider boat, and a 24 volt trolling system.

fishrdan

Admiral

I have a 1432 tracker that I cast from,,, but if you are not quick and nimble,,, you could go for a swim... I have mine low decked with 3/8" plywood so it feels stable underfoot, unlike the boat as it comes from Tracker,,, thin aluminum hull feels wobbly.

I looked at the Bass Raider years ago, but didn't like the design since the foot well was narrow.

I had a Leisure Life Water Tender 9.4 for a few years, perfect for me and my 7 YO son on small lakes, felt pretty darn stable for a small boat. Picked it up for $500 about 5 years ago. I added a back swivel seat, rod holders and other stuff to make it fishable.

watertender.gif

I sold it because the hull design made it really slow, 7MPH with a 7.5HP outboard :eek:

Same 7.5HP outboard on the 1432 tracker 20+MPH :D

greasemonkeyjmj

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have a bass raider 10E and i really like it. i am 360 pounds and i can stand up in the front of the boat withwithout anyone in the back for ballast, with no problems at all. i was really surprised at how stable it was after i bought it. i have had me and another 250 pound man in it with no problems at all.

Fischer001

Cadet

Thank you for the information. Greasemonkey, I am 22YOA 6'0" 230LB. The weight rating on the Tracker 1232 is around 430LB total for 3 people and 600LB for the Bass Raider. I have googled this for like a week now with no real solid answer. I even called Gander and they were no too sure becasue none of the guys had any experience with this type of boat. I really apprecite the response. I think I know what boat im going with now...I like the look of the new Bass Raider too.. I will mostly be by myself fishing and somedays my girlfriend will tag along..she likes to fish when the fish are biting..haha