pontoon upholstery

christomberlin

Recruit
I recently bought a pontoon with upholstery cracks which quickly turned into upholstery destruction. New seats are a major exspense and I don't think it would be worth it given the age of the pontoon. To have the seats reupholstered i'm sure is very exspensive (?) Any ideas on a reasonable quick fix? :eek:

rogerwa

Commander
Re: pontoon upholstery

I am a former pontoon owner and I beleive you have two paths.<br /><br />The first is the fact that a pontoon is very rebuildable if the toons are in good condition. A new deck, carpet, and furniture will give your toon another 10-15 years. when I bought my toon, all it had was a captains helm. I was able to put a matching couch across the back and a bench in the front for about $800. When I sold the boat, I got all of that back.<br /><br />The second is lawn chairs. Keep an open deck and use lawn furniture. It has a flexible seating plan and is inexpensive..<br /><br />If you do add new furniture or decking, invest in some sort of cover to keep the elements out.<br /><br />I bought my furniture online from www.basspro.com and got free shipping. If you check it out, it may not be as bad as you think. I would go for the rotomolded over the wood however..