repacing Vinyl Graphics

Jokerswild

Cadet
hey guys i am kinda new here, i just gave a boat a new home. She is a 20' Bayliner Capri 2052 cuddy. The boat is great mechanically (no real squaks, sorry for the aviation lingo but that is my chosen trade)

The only thing i would like to do besides the interior is spruce up the outside. She is Blue over white, and the wife and I are wanting to change it up. the hull is in great condition but has some dock rash.

I really dont want to have to paint the entire hull as the gel coat is is not damaged but the overlying blue is. so long and short of it i was wondering if there is a company that make hull graphics that will cover where the blue graphics already are. i have peeled some of them off that were already off.

Would regular vinyl last?? just want to feel it out before i waste some jack on it. any info would help.

Cheers
Chris

Jokerswild

Cadet
Re: repacing Vinyl Graphics

i have seen those, i would like something that mimics the orig,
thanks for the reply.

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Just about any sign shop can help you out.

Jokerswild

Cadet

sweet, my only concern was if it would hold up, maybe i will give it a shot. thanks

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Look around for anyplace that does vinyl wraps for autos. They can make what ever you need and its tough stuff.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not 100% sure on this, but on my Bayliner Capri (also blue and white), the upper blue stripe is gelcoat, then a thin vinyl white stripe, then blue vinyl stripe, then white gelcoat. My upper blue 'stripe' was faded and scuffed from the previous owner, so I buffed it, and it looks like new now. Check to make sure is vinyl, and not gelcoat before you do anything. And congrats, and welcome to iboats!

reelfishin

Captain

I just got done buffing out an older Bayliner for a buddy of mine, the wider blue stripes were in the gel coat, but the finer line pin stripes were vinyl. A local sign shop made me replacements for $50. I thought that a bit pricey since they didn't have to do any designing, just to cut straight stripes. The colors were a medium blue and red for the pin stripes the blue bands came up like new with very minimal fade I did touch up a few nicks here and there with some touch up paint he had but there was nothing major. It looked super nice when it was all done.