snap on bow cover

rolmops

Vice Admiral
I just bought a 1984 18 foot Sylvan open bow boat.I would much rather have had a closed bow,but when a $1000 dollars buys an 18 footer with an almost brand new (never used) 75 horse mercury you cannot be too picky.
I do want to cover the bow with some serious canvas because most of my fishing is done in either lake Ontario or Cape Cod bay and in both cases I carry a lot of gear that must stay dry.
Does anybody know about standard snap on bow covers for sylvan boats?
Or is this a sail makers job?

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: snap on bow cover

i'm thinking about making some covers for my boat cuz i have had no luck finding any

reelfishin

Captain

Ask around at a local marina, find someone that makes mooring covers or enclosures. It's probably you only option on an older boat. A good, experienced marine upholstery person can do wonders.
The cost of the material will probably out weight the labor.
I just bought the material to remake the back section of an enclosure on my 16' boat, just the cost of the canvas alone was over $350, I still need to buy the plastic for the windows, the zippers, and the snaps.
You can do a Google search for Marine Canvas to see who does this work in your area.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

canvas shop, awning shop. you need the pole to support the center of the bow. i love mine.