• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.
  • **** The forums will be undergoing maintenance tonight approximately 9:30pm-midnight MDT. Thank you for your patience during this time. ****

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

my boat drowned

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my boat drowned

I have a Bayliner Jazz 1990-something. Not properly covered, it was left in the rain and flooded the motor. I want to get rid of it. It has a trailer and is in good condition, otherwise. I tried donating it, they won't take because it doesn't run and unable to sell parts.

Any suggestions?

Re: my boat drowned

Craigslist, be honest about the condition. I've seen several that list a "as is" price and a "if fixed" price that seem to sell.

Comment

http://www.boatangel.org/

I've seen them selling some real garbage scows,,, so I believe they will take anything.
      2001 Crestliner SuperHawk 1800, Mercruiser 140HP
      2007 Tracker 1436 jon boat, 7.5HP Force

Comment

Craigslist:

"Free boat if you take the trailer"

or

"Boat for parts with good trailer"

It'll go.

A lot of the donation places will take non running boats and get what they can for 'em... some of the parts have got to be still good somehow.

Erik
        Sea Ray SRV-210 - Winter refit
        75-85 foot displacement hull trawler - gleam in my eye

Comment

Put it in a shopping center with a sign that says FREE. It will be gone in a heartbeat.

John
          sigpic

Regards,

John

Comment

...so it didn't sink right? It just filled up with some rainwater? How much? (...thats a lot of rain to fill up an entire boat and drown a motor?)
            How high did the water get up to in it?
            BP
            Big Prairie
            90' Capri- 90 Force
            Apparently....Newt Gingrich has several Pete Seeger records that he hasn't disclosed.

Comment

Where are you?
              And what do you want for it?

Comment

Working...
              X