Anyone else have a Dixie boat? would love to see them. here is a video of mine

rlk

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Anyone else have a Dixie boat? would love to see them. here is a video of mine

Weider, I had a 1985 Dixie Bandit that I bought new (hopefully a photo will be attached). It had a Mercruiser 140 I/O that was very economical. Kept it until last year when I sold it because we never used it. We also have a pontoon boat, and use that constantly. For the last few years, the Dixie was only in the water a couple of times a year.

I think Dixie was bought out by or became Maxum.

I really enjoyed the Dixie, and kinda wish I still had it.

Bob

Attachments

• 1985 010_9b.jpg
    1985 010_9b.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Anyone else have a Dixie boat? would love to see them. here is a video of mine

n/z

Last edited:

trevans

Cadet

I still have a dixie from 1983 the fiberglass is in great shape and is a solid boat.

claypigeon

Recruit

I bought my Dixie 521 new from the Dixie Boat Company in Newton, NC in 1993, and have had lots of fun with it. We live on Kerr (Buggs Island) lake in NC/VA and do a lot of striper fishing. It has a Mercruiser 350 V8 and purrs like a kitten, and catches lots of fish! I can't figure out how to attach a picture to this message, but if you will e-mail me EDIT , I'll send you a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:

dixie189

Cadet

I just got a 1979 Dixie 189 with 140 hp mercruiser. Havent gotten it in the water yet. But seems like a great boat.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Say fellas, this thread is going on 8 years old. If you want to post pix, or, talk about your Dixie boats, please start a new topic..

Thanks,
WIMUSKY