Cudacraft boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim13

Seaman
I got a great deal on a 17 ft. 1988 Cudacraft with trim tabs yesterday and was having trouble locating information on the boat.

Has anyone heard of these boats or know of their reputation?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Cudacraft boats

what is hull id #. top starboard outside of transom.

Jim13

Seaman

It is khwbm001d888.

That transom is built out of square 1 1/2" thick aluminum tubing. I have never seen one like it.

Jim13

Seaman

It looks like it was built by Bahia Marine in Rockport, Tx. April 8, of 1988?
Could it really be boat 001? Do I have that right?

I can't find a dataplate on the boat and was wondering about the generic info on it. Number of passengers, max legal hp and if it was a good boat or if there were problems with them etc.

kcart55

Recruit

Cuda Craft boats were originally built by Ray Bond in South Miami, Fla on US1. My father's first boat was a 18' cabin boat with a 40 Evinrude, I believe it was in 1959. Somewhere I have pictures of my dad standing next to it taking delivery. I did a search and it appears his son Del is making boats in Tenn.

John Ford

Recruit
I know this is a very old thread, but yes, I can tell you about Cudacraft boats made by Bahia Marine in Rockport Texas. They were originally made by Sam Carpender, who was an Orvis-endorsed guide. When he moved to S. Carolina to work for Suzuki, we bought his personal boat. (boat #1)That was in 1988, and I still own it. Even though we have fished out of it a million times, it is still "minty." The 90hp Suzuki has been replaced with a 90hp Yamaha. It has a "Bob's" big-foot low water pickup, and also one of his thin jack-plates. The boat will run 42 mph trimmed out with one passenger, and will easily get up and run in "tunnel-hull" water without the drawbacks of an actual tunnel-hull. It is easily the best saltwater flats boat I have ever fished from.

Status
Not open for further replies.